Discuss new to the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Evening all!! Sorry about not introducing myself first; didn't notice the INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread. Been self employed for a few years in London all single phase stuff, did 2 years at college from 2000 but couldn't finish because I needed a job as a learner but couldn't get one cos I was too old (30)!!Have taught myself( not to be recommended) just finished my 2391 at local college luckily with my tutor from college. Hope all has gone well. If I mess up on my posts please tell me but also try to explain why

hi snogs here, missed the part on "welcome forum" sorry about that. talk to you soon.

hi everyone, im towny,
hoping to take the final step into becoming a sparky.
im 28 and in final couple of months of 2330 level 2 course(doing night course), also upgrading to 17th in may and got 2391 and Pat course(does that mean howt) under my belt.
pretty scared about the final step as will after go selfemployed(cant find job with any electrical company).
thinking about just getting part p so everything is legal, but will cost about a grand as need test equipment and books. alot of cash as will only be part time cos cant aford to leave my job( sign fitter).
thought the route into the trade would be alot easyer after 7 years in the army as vehicle electrician, i was massivaly wrong ha ha.
any advise would be more than wecome and a push into the right direction. looking forward to picking your brains.
towny

Hello Stedger here. Electrician in Newcastle upon Tyne area. Started out in the domestic market with my brother about a year ago after 10 years in industry. More of a change than i thought it would be! Nice to be your own boss, but it does bring the pressure.
I heard this was a great place for advice and tips, and from what i have read so far, this place is all that and more.
Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

hi all,

i'm 36 years old, re-training as an electrician. just completed 2330 level 2. only got to do level 3, 2391 levels 2&3, 17th Regs & find a job......easy :eek:

Hi everyone, my name is Andy. I have been an electrical mechanical engineer for 25 years. I have an HND in Electrical Electronic Engineering. Also got 236 parts 1 and 2 resently passed 17th edition and have just found out that i have got my 2391 under my belt. pretty amazed at that as its seems a hard exam to pass. Mind you now i have it im not quite sure what it means to me or allows me to do. Perhaps someone can enlighten me. presently employed as a maintenance engineering manager in a subsidury company of approximatley 200 people.

Hi everyone!!!!!! Im James and im currently studying to become a sparky, Ive just completed my first year and im loving it, i live in the North west not too far from leeds and im almost 30...gulp!!!!! i should of done this a long time ago as id forgotten how complex the maths side is especially when it comes to multiples and sub multiple base units and power equations...............

Hi my names evy electricain from lincolnshire 26 qualified about 5 years ago mainly wired central heating systems at my old firm moved on to another as i felt stalled there and involved in more wide range of elecricail installations now

Hi my names evy electricain from lincolnshire 26 qualified about 5 years ago mainly wired central heating systems at my old firm moved on to another as i felt stalled there and involved in more wide range of elecricail installations now
Hi Evy and welcome to the forums,good bunch of guys here:D

Hi everyone!!!!!! Im James and im currently studying to become a sparky, Ive just completed my first year and im loving it, i live in the North west not too far from leeds and im almost 30...gulp!!!!! i should of done this a long time ago as id forgotten how complex the maths side is especially when it comes to multiples and sub multiple base units and power equations...............
Hi James and welcome to the forums:D

Last edited by a moderator:
its only speech

to all the newbies above welcome guys
nice quote markspark666 i have one too about speech. "speech origionally was the device whereby man learned imperfectly to represent the certain thoughts and mental nuances of his mind. By setting up sound and combinations of sounds he developed communication but one which in its thick numbed inadiquacy degenerated all the delicacy of the mind into gross and gruteral signalling!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

Reply to new to the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock