Discuss New Touch Control Hob Problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

noelmaule

DIY
Reaction score
I've just purchased a new touch control hob as my old unit eventually gave up the ghost. I wired it directly into the cooker circuit just as the old one was but it refused to turn on. Nothing, not a peep. So i took it back to the retailer who, without a quibble replaced it. I wired this the same but this one also would not power up. Please can anyone help. I've obviously got a problem somewhere. Could it be something to do with the house earthing ? as touch lamps also refuse to work in my home. Many thanks for any advice.

Do you wear rubber soled shoes or similarly insulated footwear? Just a thought...

Reply to New Touch Control Hob Problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

About 5 years ago during a full refurb on my house I re-wired the property myself (old aluminium wiring) in line with 17th edition. I had it all...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Hi all looking for some helpful advice I'm an Aussie so go easy on me, I have a good mechanical engineering head but first time plumbing and...
Replies
Views
Need to replace an old Vent-Axia extractor fan as the pull chord no longer works. I bought this -...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve got an issue driving me crazy and can’t get anyone to figure it out as it’s not their issue. We had a new extension, single rear...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock