Discuss New tv point in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Robo

I would like to install a new tv point. The existing installation is new. Outside aeriel feeds a splitter box in the roof, and there isn't any spare ways.

Theres an existing tv point about 10m away from where I would like to install the new one. Could I tap into this face plate to feed the new?? If so can u get a tv point plate that you can connect to cables into?

Or do I have to go right back to aerial and get a larger spiller. The cable route is shocking so I'm trying to steer clear of this.

Any help appreciated

10m isn't too far. Some would consider it a little bit of a bodge but over such a short distance it won't cause you any problems daisy chaining out of the existing coax point. Dress the cables well and you can quite easily fit two coax cables into a standard coax outlet.

Top man, thanks for your help

No worries bud, that's what the 'thanks' button is for :)

you can buy points as well that have two retaining bracket, one at the top and one at the bottom

Very true, didn't really think about it as coax points I use will more often than not match the other accessories. I'm not a fan of mixing and matching but if it's only one additional point then this is another option worth exploring.

Reply to New tv point in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I live in a rural location and so the TV signal is not great. I would like some advice on what equipment I should be looking at without...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I'm surprised this subject does not get much attention. 'The elephant in the room' I refer to is the 'new rubber'. On new...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and wanting some advice regarding a tv aerial. I moved into my own flat and bought a tv, however when I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm going to replace some sockets during a routine redecoration of our lounge including replacing some singles with doubles with USB...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, Looking for some advice on first fix for sky and freesat TV, I've quoted a WF100 shotgun and a single to both bedrooms and lounge...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock