Discuss New website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

looks good mate how did you go about designing it as i want to do one myself?
the "heating controls upgrade installers" is hard to read in that colour is the only crticism i would make

Hi guys,

I'd be interested in knowing what people think a new website is worth - I'm a website designer, and I want to offer good value to guys such as yourselves, but I don't know what ball-park to pitch in. I do bespoke websites rather than the cheaper template stuff, so I may be more expensive than the cheapest out there, but I don't want to outprice myself.

I'd really appreciate knowing what quotes you've had, or how much you've already paid. I've recently priced a website for a commercial electrician who was very happy wth the quote, but I'm not sure if the same would be true for a sole trader or domestic electrician.

Any info you could share would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers SES (Byron?), great site!!
Does your misses work freelance, or for a company? She's done a great job!

How long has your site been live? Recon you've got your monies worth yet?! (even though it was free!!)

the "heating controls upgrade installers" is hard to read in that colour is the only crticism i would make

agree if you could punch up the colour to a level used with the 37% offer might be more clear. only my opinion though good stuff generally

SES Electrical Contractors - Electrician in Stourbridge, Dudley

free by the misses

but would have cost around £2000 to £3000

Must say, that is a very well presented website. Could I pick your brains on how you built it?
Programs used etc.
I am planning on building something similar for my new venture.
PM me if you don't want to post it on here.
Thanks in advance.

Hi lads

I have developed a new website to help promote my business,Have a look and see what ye think.

Leinster Energy Services - Leinster Energy Services

Thanks

Again, very well presented. Same comments as above about the yellow writing, hard to read. I also found the introduction paragraph a little difficult to understand, maybe re-written with more punctuation to break it down a bit.
Your front page is your introduction to the world and you WILL be judged on quality and presentation.
It maybe what makes your potential customer decide whether to call you or use a competitor.

Last edited by a moderator:
A well presented site too Dave. Looks like you are remarkably close to me, our home telephone numbers are almost the same! Are you keeping busy at the moment?

Reply to New website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock