Discuss Newbie advice needed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lloydi

Hi guys I am 26 and have been working an office job for the past 5 years and in need of a change, I have previosly worked as a delivery driver for CEF and it gave me the taste of what it would be like to work as a sparky and it appealed, circumstances at the time prevented me from persuing further but now i feel ready to tackle it head on and better my working life and hopefully my income.

I am currently looking at the following course
Electrical Installation (2330)

Lowestoft College - Part-time Courses

would you say this is a good place to start? I will also be volunteering my services to local sparkys at weekends to try and gain onsite experience while i study, as I will need to keep down a full time job while at college.

The course starts again in September, is there anything i can do between now and then to give me a headstart? any small courses for beginners etc?

Many thanks

A good place to start in my opinion, plenty of sparks out there too that would probably slip you some cash in hand work/labor once your at college taking your C&G. I'd do the part time course and stay in your job for now....do the studying and let things take there course. ;) Sounds like youv'e got your noggi'n screwed on.....go for it and stick with it:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Newbie advice needed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all Well, been putting it off, but I need to upgrade my 17th edition to the 18th. Not been a practising sparky for over 5 years, but I have...
Replies
Views
Hi to everyone, this is my first post so if is been already asked/answered please guide me to the relevant discussion/thread. I don't know...
Replies
Views
Advice on a London fast course to get C+G 2365 Level 2 - I am on a site in London as an electrical improver but I do need to finish my level 2...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve been a long time viewer of the forums and have used many times to answer queries I have come across. I am a 26 year veteran...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock