Discuss Newbie from the land down under in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I am well passed the sell by date at 77 but often do some electrical work providing I know what I am doing I was a pro guitar player over 45 years. I repaired all my equipment over the years and made a few circuits. I have just returned to the UK due to health issues. I have made many safe and workable Heath Robinson units over the years. Hope I can have some input in the forum. Regards PhilTheDill
I I

Hi and welcome. :)

Welcome Phil the Dill.
Aged about 18 ,I'm sure Mr Heath and Robinson
were an important part to keeping project costs down.
More cautious now!

Hi Folks, I am well passed the sell by date at 77 but often do some electrical work providing I know what I am doing I was a pro guitar player over 45 years. I repaired all my equipment over the years and made a few circuits. I have just returned to the UK due to health issues. I have made many safe and workable Heath Robinson units over the years. Hope I can have some input in the forum. Regards PhilTheDill
I I
Have you come back for free health treatment ?

Thanks to all of you for your welcome..... Phil
The fact you said “pro guitar player” is going to give you a pass on any dodgy electrics you offer. Everyone else would get a shafting
I am not professing for one minute to be a pro electrician but I do know a reasonable amount about electronics...(But still no pro) Here's a laugh for you, In the UK I was lead guitarist for Terry Deans Apache he said he told some muso's I was one of the best pickers in the country in the city Naaaaa Phil

He may have been in a punk band. none of them could play a single cord, or they were all waiting for the guitar tech to come back from holiday.
Punk is definitely not my scene, I played with bands top of the hit parade, did session tv and radio, each to their own but punk is Not my scene Some years ago I lived in Newquay and played with Terry Deans apache, in Devon and Cornwall. also to a 2000 crowd at Hendra.
OR A DECENT DRINK. Not freezing cold like the Aussies like it.
Like most things in life Its only our PERSONAL opinion and not etched in stone because WE don't like it.

Welcome I'm sure you'd be interesting to have a pint with! How are you finding the forum?
same here Lou we were just up above you last week as my sister lives in Ingleton, unfortunately, she is not well with Parkinson's. PS
I forgot to answer your question, yes the forum appears very open and friendly so that's nice .

Last edited:

Reply to Newbie from the land down under in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock