Discuss Newbie - just joined here.. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

KEV 1 N

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Kevin. I been reading articles on this forum for about a week or so, so thought I'd join up.
I've been "out of my time" for about 12 years now, and have worked for the same company since 1999. I think I've had a good apprenticeship as I've worked in all types of buildings and had 3 years "house bashing". One contract we had back in 2003 was 7 tower blocks to rewire, which involved most types of wiring and containment, T&E in the flats, pyro for the communal lighting and fire alarm, swa for sub mains and mechanical equipment, metal pipe, trunking and tray in the basement/plant rooms. Plus each flat had to have an individual test cert completed, so the job was a good learning experience ( I remember sitting for days making off pyro ends onto pre cut lengths of cable, the legs of my overalls where white!)
Sadly we don't seem to be getting those sort of (big) jobs anymore, but for the the last 6 years I've been based at a nearby university where we have the contract to carry ECIR and remedial work to its many buildings (takes 5 years to round them all!) it's not everybody's cup of tea, but it's better than been on a cold building site!

Hi, thanks..

Hey Kevin, welcome to the forum.
It's only my opinion but I believe that children are our future,
Teach them well and let them lead the way,
Show them all the beauty they possess inside. . . .
But you where where I'm going with that! Yeh the Chorus!
I found the greatest love of all . . . .

Reply to Newbie - just joined here.. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock