Discuss Newbie, new career in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stu-rob

Hello one and all,

Saw this site and it looks good so thought I'd join. Just about to embark on a new career as a spark when I leave the RAF in June, Done my 17th edition, PAT testing and a DEI Part P course already and just about to do my Insp and Test course in a couple of weeks too!!

Bit nervous about career change considering current economic climate but has to be done as I'm relocating back home to Sheffield. Got quite a bit of experience installing before I joinjed the RAF and always kept my hand in but only now do I have the qualifications!!!

Lets hope I can get a job or might have to try and go self employed!!! ooo errr!!! Seems a bit risky to me!!!

Hope I can be as much use to you in the future as I'm sure you are going to be to me!!!

Cheers
Stu

Hi Stu and welcome to the forums..

You are one of many thinking of a career change and its a help that you have all your quals up to date.

However, there are many qualified and time served electricians struggling to get work at the moment, given the current situation, but with perseverance you shouldnt have too much trouble.

Although it may be a while.

Good luck.

Reply to Newbie, new career in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd say hello since I am new to this forum. I am looking for a complete career change and am set on becoming an...
Replies
Views
Just a quick introduction from me - I'm a 49 year old living in Essex - I have no electrical qualifications but Im looking into training options...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've not long moved into a new home and having one or two gremlins and having some work done by an electrician.... so although I'm a home...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hi. I'm in Chicopee, MA, USA for reference. I am not an electrician currently and will...
Replies
Views
I'm 24 and looking for a career change into the electrical industry. Could anyone advise me on the practicality of undertaking a fast track level...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock