CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss newbie with a problem!! replacement certs!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

markspark

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

first of all , hi all....:)
i have been offered a new contract:D:D:D with a company i've been working for, but they have asked to see my 2360-1&2 certs which i cant find:(.
my gaffer is a bloke i worked for a few years ago and he's seen them previously so its never been a issue with him, but the human resources dept are having none of it!!:mad:
i have provided my 2391, 2377, 2380, and 2382 but i havent seen my 2360 for years!!
have contacted c&g but they say that they have a 5-8 week backlog, and i need them before 28th feb or no contract extension:(:(:(:(.
any ideas??
cheers mark

S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Mark,

Had the same problem when i went to do my 17th upgrade.

Trouble is, C&G is probably the only way you will get replacement certificates, so you are in for a long wait im afraid.

Having said that, mine came through within about 5 weeks.

The more exact the date you give them, the quicker you may get them.

Then again, i would have thought your 2382 should have been sufficient?

M

markspark

Hi Mark,

Then again, i would have thought your 2382 should have been sufficient?
they say that without 2360 i cant get electricians status!!! even though i've got 19 years experience!!!

S

Spudnik

Well it looks like you need to pay your money and get the request in as soon as.

I dont think there is any other way round it.

M

markspark

Well it looks like you need to pay your money and get the request in as soon as.
due to the time that i did the courses 1991-3 i dont have enough info to fill the form out!
i dont have the course dates etc.
i contacted the college where i did the courses and the dont have the info either as they switched to computer in 1997 and dont have any records before that time.
i told c&g this and they said they would do a search but they couldnt guarantee a result!!

M

maddfridge

due to the time that i did the courses 1991-3 i dont have enough info to fill the form out!
i dont have the course dates etc.
i contacted the college where i did the courses and the dont have the info either as they switched to computer in 1997 and dont have any records before that time.
i told c&g this and they said they would do a search but they couldnt guarantee a result!!

hi there

it should not be that difficult for city and guilds lollol
we all have a life time number i have got 6 now so thats what u are up against.

where you an apprentice the firm you did it with may hold copies for there refernce just a thought

what about applying for a jib card using 2391 get industry assessed and htat will give you approved electrical staus electrotechnical scheme

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
M

markspark

hi there

where you an apprentice the firm you did it with may hold copies for there refernce just a thought

what about applying for a jib card using 2391 get industry assessed and htat will give you approved electrical staus electrotechnical scheme

cheers
the company i worked for as shut down due to owner dying!! dont i need 2360 to get jib approved????

hi there

cheers
although i wont get that before 28 feb!!:(

D

Dan924

I got in touch with the collage I did mine at and got a nice letter back with my history and grades, its worth a try:)

M

markspark

thought of that!:(

bcm_spark

-
Arms
I had this problem when doing my 17th update. I couldn't find my 16th ed cert and couldn't do the update without it. I called C&G and they asked for a number which is the same for any C&G courses you take. They found my cert from this. This was back in October when they too had a backog. The number is on the bottom of the certs, mine started JX....

Alternatively, your employer will be able to ring C&G with this number and find out exactly what you have.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to newbie with a problem!! replacement certs!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom