Discuss newbie with a problem!! replacement certs!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

markspark

first of all , hi all....:)
i have been offered a new contract:D:D:D with a company i've been working for, but they have asked to see my 2360-1&2 certs which i cant find:(.
my gaffer is a bloke i worked for a few years ago and he's seen them previously so its never been a issue with him, but the human resources dept are having none of it!!:mad:
i have provided my 2391, 2377, 2380, and 2382 but i havent seen my 2360 for years!!
have contacted c&g but they say that they have a 5-8 week backlog, and i need them before 28th feb or no contract extension:(:(:(:(.
any ideas??
cheers mark

Hi Mark,

Had the same problem when i went to do my 17th upgrade.

Trouble is, C&G is probably the only way you will get replacement certificates, so you are in for a long wait im afraid.

Having said that, mine came through within about 5 weeks.

The more exact the date you give them, the quicker you may get them.

Then again, i would have thought your 2382 should have been sufficient?

Well it looks like you need to pay your money and get the request in as soon as.

I dont think there is any other way round it.

Well it looks like you need to pay your money and get the request in as soon as.
due to the time that i did the courses 1991-3 i dont have enough info to fill the form out!
i dont have the course dates etc.
i contacted the college where i did the courses and the dont have the info either as they switched to computer in 1997 and dont have any records before that time.
i told c&g this and they said they would do a search but they couldnt guarantee a result!!

due to the time that i did the courses 1991-3 i dont have enough info to fill the form out!
i dont have the course dates etc.
i contacted the college where i did the courses and the dont have the info either as they switched to computer in 1997 and dont have any records before that time.
i told c&g this and they said they would do a search but they couldnt guarantee a result!!

hi there

it should not be that difficult for city and guilds lollol
we all have a life time number i have got 6 now so thats what u are up against.

where you an apprentice the firm you did it with may hold copies for there refernce just a thought

what about applying for a jib card using 2391 get industry assessed and htat will give you approved electrical staus electrotechnical scheme

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
hi there

where you an apprentice the firm you did it with may hold copies for there refernce just a thought

what about applying for a jib card using 2391 get industry assessed and htat will give you approved electrical staus electrotechnical scheme

cheers
the company i worked for as shut down due to owner dying!! dont i need 2360 to get jib approved????

hi there

cheers
although i wont get that before 28 feb!!:(

I got in touch with the collage I did mine at and got a nice letter back with my history and grades, its worth a try:)

I had this problem when doing my 17th update. I couldn't find my 16th ed cert and couldn't do the update without it. I called C&G and they asked for a number which is the same for any C&G courses you take. They found my cert from this. This was back in October when they too had a backog. The number is on the bottom of the certs, mine started JX....

Alternatively, your employer will be able to ring C&G with this number and find out exactly what you have.

Reply to newbie with a problem!! replacement certs!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock