Discuss Newey & Eyre ... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

imago

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
.... are clearly selling well. So well that they don't want any new customers.

I went into a branch and filled out the trade account forms (life history etc etc) as they are just up the road from me so it'd be handy. Took them back into the branch and handed them in. A month later I called in again "not heard anything yet mate. I'll chase it up." Another month went by, sent them an email with the details and asking how it was progressing. That was six weeks ago and no reply.

So I guess I'll stick with Wilts and the local place. I see Selco have their electrical stuff at decent prices too.

We have accounts but do not deal with them now , only used to go through one chap who we followed there from else where , the general numtys were just plain rude i found !
And there invoicing is just bizarre and near on impossible to follow we found ?

I had the same! They only look after the big companies with big turnovers. I went into a branch the other day and they refused to serve me due to stock take! I had about a £500 order aswell, I won't use them again.

Same here they can't be bothered with us so we can't be bothered with them...

We filled in an account...... nothing.

2 Years later...

THEY (Newyes) invited us to their mini trade fair where they said they would chase up and open a new account. They were insistent they would contact us....... That was 9 months ago......Still waiting for them to contact us.

EDIT...( Forgot a bit)
Forgot.. Went to the Neweys / Napit PV night where the "Area manager" was going to chase it up... That must have been 3 - 4 months ago!
We use their sister company Denmans instead.

Last edited:
The same as , we use Denmans sometimes but they have just started using a similar invoicing format so that may be coming to a end soon as well !

Never been a big fan of Newey's many years ago received an invoice for goods that where booked out at a branch not remotely close to any where we were working we asked them to verify who signed for the goods never got the info never paid the invoice Newey's closed the account. Some years later a Newey's rep appeared at the office asking why we didn't deal with them the supplier file was pulled and gave him the reason why shortly after they opened an account. So yes they are a strange outfit

There all as bad as each other, I don't think there is any wholesale I would recommend. They all just have different degrees of faults.

I've "waited" 6 months for these Muppets to sort out an account for me - now they want a copy of a PERSONAL utility bill in order to set up a business account! Called then about some RCBOs and got told to "search e-bay" for them :)

Much the same as the other replies, i applied for an account two years ago, still waiting !
The reports i had from other sparks local was they took a couple of big hits from a well known company that went down a couple of years ago and since then they dont take anyone on the books unless your a big spender.

Much the same as the other replies, i applied for an account two years ago, still waiting !
The reports i had from other sparks local was they took a couple of big hits from a well known company that went down a couple of years ago and since then they dont take anyone on the books unless your a big spender.

Trouble with that is the big spenders want bigger discounts so they only get a smaller margin for there efforts

I went into Neweys recently & all the shelves were empty.

I was wanting some crimps & they didn't have any & offered to order them in for me !!!

I'm retired now, but when I was in business I used to use Norland Cables in Newcastle & they were very good. I particularly liked the fact that they didn't use computers for their invoicing with the resultant reams of paper & "Chinese discounts" that these things churn out for something like one plug top, & instead used good old fashioned duplicate books, pens & calculators.

Just noticed the Neweys ad in ECN

"Tell us what you think"
------------/neweys Newey & Eyre | Facebook

If I only had Facebook!!!

Useless they are, I work for a larger company, never seem interested in you can take ages to get served and when you finally do, they dont have it in stock. How can a wholesaler run out of 1.5mm TE beats me, infact every time i go there they normally have something i need not in stock, eddies to me is much better minus the parking! but thats soon to change with their new deport.

Yes geordie, Norland is still the same now. Same calculater, same stock book, same decor and same staff !!!!! Been going on and off for nearly 30 years and nothing changes but there's very little they don't have in stock

My gaffer LOVES them untill I started using lekkyCntr n the invoices for 2 similar jobs were ££££s apart the service is bettter
Newys have lots of branches He said till I said the branches favorite phrase " I can get it tomorrow" and then I complained that some times tomorrow doesnt come till 3 days pass
another complaint I have is if I order through MY prefered branch for call,collect it generaly isnt ready as "its another branch getting the sale "
If its an "order in Item " I try n use E.C. as they seem to get things quicker as its the branch that orders not some buyer who hasnt got a clue what difference missing out an "E" can make to some items
All that said My prefered branch are great nice friendly ( even got guys breakfast rolls when they got branch of the Month award)

It's all the older traditional places that you get true value with - want a bit for a 20yr old board? They'll have a rummage in the box out back. Need the latest bit of high-tec? Rep's in on Tuesday, we'll ask him for you.

There's a traditional high street hardware / ironmongers in the town I used to live in and it's been there forever. If ever I needed to find a widget to do a job in an old property, they'd make me a coffee and point me towards all the old wooden drawers in their back room. If I could find it, it was mine for free (normally).

I'm trying really hard to put as much as I can through one of my local independents (well, if 4/5 branches across two counties counts as independant) but sadly they just don't carry the stock so you're always having to think a couple of days ahead. The lads in there are a good laugh as well, which always helps.

just been pricing for a big job at work,asked for prices from the big 3 newey,s cef and edmundson, eddys kept ringing me back as they couldnt understand what I wanted,even though I sent the manufacturers part numbers for each item with the parts list,told them not to bother in the end.C E F gave me a quote and then on Friday the rep came from the local branch and said the quote was from a distant branch and if I showed him all the quotes he may do better,and newey,s gave me a decent quote,going with neweys as I think c e f should have given it their best shot in the first place.up to now neweys rdc near me (Warrington) have been fine staff are great and they even told me when one of the lads went in and tried to get some stuff without a job number.

I bought a bathroom heater from them and the guy bombarded me to open an account I turned him down because my business model does not need a pile of materials but I thanked hime anyway just for his good customer service.

This was Edinburgh

Reply to Newey & Eyre ... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net