Discuss Newey & eyrne.. terrible in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

fyfee

hi all

this is my first post.

i set up a account with neweys online and got a good credit limit. i ordered various stuff for my new business. my account is on a 30days from end of month terms.

the next thing i know is i have a ' cluster manager' from my local branch knocking on my door, asking why i had try to order more kit that exceeds my credit limit, i told him i didnt have a clue about that, and that i only ordered xxxx so on. he then goes away and comes back later on in the day and hands me some invoices and said that for the stuff you have had already, 'can you pay now' i said to him no and i will pay asap.

next thing im getting emails from some sales manager asking if payment has been made!

my account is on a 30 days from end of month basis so really i can have up to 60 days to pay it as i got my kit at the start of the month.

i have never known a company sending people too the door like this before, the manager who came was so rude and unprofessional

anyone else had problems with them?

im thinking now, im going to wait till the last day to pay them, due to that fact of them being w*****s with me?

Any advise please

Apparently they took a big hit recently but that's no excuse for unprofessional behaviour like this mate, open another account somewhere else, pay them at the last possible moment then say screw em. I'd also write to head office to complain

sounds as though as some wires have been crossed. is you trading title similar to another? i would be on the phone, asking for an explanatioin

i think maybe there has been a mix up with the extra orders, i think its sorted now (hopefully). anyone else recommended another supplier in the middlesbrough area?

Nope because i do electrical repairs I use Screwflux and Senate a lot for alarm gear Security Wharehouse and anything special ie an extract fan then I internet shop I only use Newy&Eyrne when I am at that end of town and I need something that I dont have in the motor

I live and work in Middlesbrough

We always tend to use Electric Base on Portrack Lane (behind b&Q), reasonably priced, tend to have everything you want and quite a quick service
I also know for a fact Neweys took a big hit recently, a massive hit infact, as the rather large company i worked for went bankrupt and took them for a lot

Next time they knock on your door get your MET out and give us the result on the 'can a multimeter kill someone thread'

I've used Neweys since the beginning, about 15 years ago.

Never had any kind of isssues like you've had with them, they are pretty much my main wholesaler as no-one else has the resources they have round my way.

I use newlec alot, both and work and for my other works, there credit control department is pretty awful, however they keep the most stock, can get the most next day and the blokes are friendly, so I would rate them as the best wholesaler round my way, cheaper then screwfix/electricfix for most things as well.
Neweys, Senate, Wilts are all the same company now (Rexel) though, theres less and less 'different' options out there, I did try using a local wholesaler once but the prices were high on any decent brand gear.

I use Neweys and credit control is terrible I have now started paying cheques to the branch, so they keep a photocopy and send them down as head office lose them or take ages to allocate them to your account. Price wise you've gotta keep on top of them as the first chance they get they'll sting you, like most, you've gotta have 2 wholesalers on the go and play them off

I would not give Electric Base another one of my hard earn pennies...!! Had a Run in with Steve Howell (Director) and stormed in his porter-cabin built office and had it out with him..

that was in July/August 2010 and never been back.....! screw em plus he charged me £16 quid each plus Vat for push in MCB's

hi all

this is my first post.

i set up a account with neweys online and got a good credit limit. i ordered various stuff for my new business. my account is on a 30days from end of month terms.

the next thing i know is i have a ' cluster manager' from my local branch knocking on my door, asking why i had try to order more kit that exceeds my credit limit, i told him i didnt have a clue about that, and that i only ordered xxxx so on. he then goes away and comes back later on in the day and hands me some invoices and said that for the stuff you have had already, 'can you pay now' i said to him no and i will pay asap.

next thing im getting emails from some sales manager asking if payment has been made!

my account is on a 30 days from end of month basis so really i can have up to 60 days to pay it as i got my kit at the start of the month.

i have never known a company sending people too the door like this before, the manager who came was so rude and unprofessional

anyone else had problems with them?

im thinking now, im going to wait till the last day to pay them, due to that fact of them being w*****s with me?

Any advise please

Aye ...... give the twit a Geordie kiss. :89:

Reply to Newey & eyrne.. terrible in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock