Discuss nic assessment....again in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

egginyourface

can some one give me an idea of what to expect from the first visit from the nic man? i was told that the first visit is only to check my paper work is place. is this true and that i will need to fork out more money for the second vist.

im only registering as a DI

Have you got 2 examples of domestic work to take him to. You are supposed to have a selection but mostly it seems that two properly organised will do, Make at least one example easy to test on and resonably extensive if you can (ie preferably more than one circuit Therefor an EIC not minor works). Hopefully then you will do most of your testing and questions at this work location and the second will be a quick look at.

Good Luck.

Sorry quick edit.
Yes all paper work in place. Calibration certs. EIC's and Minor works listed. Public liabilties etc.
BS7671 and onsite guide. Customer complaints procedure in place and Health and Safety gubbins signed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need exactly what it says in the paperwork that they send you, read it carefully. One visit should be enough if you do it right. For full scope you will have to show a big installation like a CU change, rewire, new build etc. and a small job like extra socket or new circuit etc. at two addresses. Make sure you have ALL the documents that they ask for too, in particular health and safety stuff, safe isolation, test certificates etc., the more complete you are, the easier it will be. This takes some considerable effort the first time. The inspectors are reasonable people who will do their best to make it as easy for you as possible, but you do have to make it possible for them to tick all their boxes. I'm also a DI and got through it OK the first time. It's worth the effort to avoid the cost of another visit. Try to pick jobs where you are confident that you are clear on everything and can explain your design and justify your decisions well. You may also need to make some tea if one of your jobs is at home... All the best.

Reply to nic assessment....again in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net