Discuss Nic eic examination in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pete ball

I'm doing my domestic installer examination on the 20th sept with the nic eic ! Getting a bit nervous about it now lol ! just wondering if any had any tips on what to expect on the day ! Thanks

OP
S

Ses2010

Just make sure you have all your paperwork and books in place and you will be fine.
Some inspectors can be a bit arsey but they still want your business so dont worry too much

OP
P

Pete ball

Thanks for that ! In paper work do u mean regs book and stuff like that ?

OP
S

Ses2010

Yes but also complaints log, calibration sheets, jobs logbook etc
Ive got my niceic approved contractor reassessment tomorrow and last year he picked me up on that stuff

OP
P

Pete ball

My test gear is brand new so don't have any calibration sheets , sorry to sound a bit daft but what do u mean by complaints log ?an jobs logbook ?

OP
S

Ses2010

You should have a sheet for recording complaints etc
You need to keep a note of all jobs you have done and do
You should test your meter on a socket in your house once a month and record results

OP
P

Pete ball

To be honest haven't had a complaint yet and did think u had to record them if u get one ?

OP
S

Ses2010

I have not either but i still need a sheet
It may be different as its your first assesment
They should have sent you a checklist

OP
P

Pete ball

Yeah and thats not on it that's why I asked! :) does the examiner just watch u test and ask loads of questions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 99 72.3%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.