Discuss nic on site assesment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

like all paperwork and test sheets up to date all the books they tell u to have meter calibrated to date or record of your own testing of your meter they asked me to show how i dealt with customer complaints they allways seem to make me do same tests every time they come safe isolation ze test ring continuity r1 r2 for ring circuit

im goin with nic aswell for my major i done a complete rewire at my house and for minor im goin to do a spur off a ring final circuit at a house im renting out anybody knw if i gotta inform building control prior to my assesment, to be honest its gona be a pain in the **** if i gotta do tht its like i gotta pay twice for me assesment :-/ lol

im goin with nic aswell for my major i done a complete rewire at my house and for minor im goin to do a spur off a ring final circuit at a house im renting out anybody knw if i gotta inform building control prior to my assesment, to be honest its gona be a pain in the **** if i gotta do tht its like i gotta pay twice for me assesment :-/ lol
you are supposed to inform labc before you start the work not once its done :eek:
depends on who your assessor is as to whether they mark you down on it as you havent gone through the correct procedure and they would have to take your word for it regarding cable routes etc now the job is finished.:rolleyes:

i have had my first visit so on site in 2 weeks i am doing the approved installer . i have to get a test box so i can test my meter my self not sure what one to get .

You do not need a test box at all as far as im aware.

Some assessors are quite happy with a labelled socket in the kitchen for example, with a record sheet for the checks.

Maybe you could ask?

You do not need a test box at all as far as im aware.

Some assessors are quite happy with a labelled socket in the kitchen for example, with a record sheet for the checks.

Maybe you could ask?
i have got one that does continuity and insulation resistance and then use a designated socket for loop and rcd tests ;)
satisfies the requirements for nic;)

Thats why im not with them:D:D:D:D
very handy bit of kit to have though, especially if you are on site and getting strange readings from your meter :eek:
handy to have a box of known values to confirm against and all for under 20 quid as well or cheaper if you make your own ;)

also the op relates to nic, as does my answer :p

Last edited:
very handy bit of kit to have though, especially if you are on site and getting strange readings from your meter :eek:
handy to have a box of known values to confirm against and all for under 20 quid as well or cheaper if you make your own ;)

Gotta be honest, i am considering a box of some sort.

Like you said, handy as a quick check regardless.
:)

i priced on to day in eddies £160 quid there are cheaper on the market i will have a look tonight on the net . i think it will be a handy bit off kit to have

Hi Flukey
Is this a cal check box ? havent seen them for £20 only over £100 wheres cheapest ?
Regards
Kung.

Hi Flukey
Is this a cal check box ? havent seen them for £20 only over £100 wheres cheapest ?
Regards
Kung.
nic on site assesment {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Hey.

I did get mine from CEF, but not for £49.99 though. I got lucky they had so many of them because no-one was buying that they halved the price.

I believe these little fealla's are also available on that auction site for a lot less, well worth a quick search.:D

Reply to nic on site assesment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock