Discuss NIC Periodic scheme. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

PAUL M

Assuming that i have passed my 2391 (if they ever find my paper):mad: i am thinking of adding Periodics to my dom inst full scope A ,if anyone else is on this scheme how long does it take from application to acceptance?what is the cost?feedback welcome.:)

Why pay more to a scheme operator just to use their pir paperwork?
Pir's do not come under the part P umbrella so no need to join any scheme to undertake pir's.
I've not had any problems to date.

Pir's do not come under the part P umbrella so no need to join any scheme to undertake pir's.

I fully agree, and if you really want to do PIR's on the NIC paperwork (for some reason) then just buy a pad of certs of them!

I just use the generic downloadable forms

Evening Shakey keeping well I trust.

I did use the IEE downloadable ones, but have since moved onto the tysoft easycert certificates/reports.
As for paying for the privilage of undertaking pir's I dont think so, not until it's made compulsory anyway.

:) i have been doing the odd one on the generic certs but i am in with a good chance of doing over 100 periodics a year for a letting agent plus all the work that comes off the back of them but surprise surprise they will only accept NICEIC periodic certs:(,will phone the NIC up and see how much more of my blood they want to drink to get on the scheme,this letting agent allso wants me to have ÂŁ1.5million indemnity insurance before doing any periodics for him.:confused:

I use Megger soft ware, it has a facility where i can put my company logo or my scheme providers logo on to the certs.

Problem with periodic inspections is that many insurance companies now insist on NIC as well for letting/leasing premise insurance. Tends to make it prohibitive for sole traders.

niceic was stated ,and as i am allready on their dom inst scheme i have enquired about joining their periodic scheme ,sometimes it is better the devil you know.

im dom installer with nic, i asked the same question at my last assessment. geezer said to just apply for full scope next year because its the same price as dom ins give or take where as you would have to top up your dom ins wih pir and pay for both each year costing 7 or 800 quid.

Reply to NIC Periodic scheme. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock