Discuss Nice gift from a customer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

a model 40 if i am not mistaken, circa 1950's or early 60's. if i remember correctly, this model had a fairly low input impedance and is great for eliminating induced or ghost voltages. check the battery compartment for corrosion and fit new batteries.

I got one of these of ebay .... if anyone could help with which batteries and leads fit that would be great. Any ideas Tel ?

I got one of these of ebay .... if anyone could help with which batteries and leads fit that would be great. Any ideas Tel ?
which model? some has a 15V battery (BLR121) and a 1.5V D cell. some used a 4.5V cycle lamp battery instead of the 15V.

here's a link to the 15V, usually rebuilt with button cells.

AVO 8 METER MULTIMETER 15v BATTERY BLR 121 AVOMETER | eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AVO-8-METER-MULTIMETER-15v-BATTERY-BLR-121-AVOMETER-/272533657404?hash=item3f7445973c:m:mKzmW5neZNKARmiT3rVm50A

ande here's the 4.5V:

1 x MN1203 DURACELL 4.5V Battery Industrial 3LR12 1289 LANTERN - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-MN1203-DURACELL-4-5V-Battery-Industrial-3LR12-1289-LANTERN-/291635891666?hash=item43e6da8dd2:g:L8YAAOSwcOFWaXgz

with the 4.5V, you bend the strips to fit.

movement needs zeroing. :). post a pic of the battery compartment.

A lovely piece of working history,battery compartment corrosion,being the end of many.

Nowt like an actual needle,to tell you the score...it was good enough for "opportunity knocks" and a Viva HA :)

From the link above I found the manual which states 2x4.5v batteries, possibly the type you linked to ?
think you're right there. 2 4.5V side by side.with the 1.5V being a D cell.

Reply to Nice gift from a customer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I recently sold my Renault Trafic as it had done 214,000 miles and I also wanted something more economical. I bought the Citroen Berlingo LWB. A...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for advice from trade, as a customer. Electrician (MCS certified) has come 2nd December and wired in two home batteries and inverter...
Replies
Views
So, very long story short.......I got given a bit of a generator, free if you take it out! All sounds too good to be true and it was, they got...
Replies
Views
An Invitation to Retired Electricians anywhere except the UK with Four Days a Month for a Niche Opportunity That Can Earn 15K a Year. There are...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock