Discuss Nice spot for a DB. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sintra

Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Came across this little gem a few weeks ago. DB located in a riser on a staircase. Unfortunately it was at the top lol with a nice little platform to access it.

86F46427-5C35-407A-86D7-A71ADAC2E3BC.jpegBDE93E38-9E83-460A-A4A3-16925AD8A159.jpeg

Oh and the only way to access the platform once you have it pulled down is to climb over the banister.

Whose boot is edging along the ledge.
That’s the boot of the “local electrician” who was showing me round the building which isn’t in the UK.

Someone raised the issue of access to the DB.
Someone procured quote(s) for the work, I bet this was the cheapest solution.
Someone else proposed this design as acceptable and manufactured and fitted the platform and very nice it looks too although totally unsuitable for the problem.
Someone authorised the payment , may have been the procurer.

How many people is that in total that were aware of the problem and were involved in the solution and have used the platform since it's installation and all thought this was acceptable.?

It looks like it impinges the height access up and down stairs.

It couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
That's go to be somewhere like Malta or Cyprus or Gibralta?

Someone raised the issue of access to the DB.
Someone procured quote(s) for the work, I bet this was the cheapest solution.
Someone else proposed this design as acceptable and manufactured and fitted the platform and very nice it looks too although totally unsuitable for the problem.
Someone authorised the payment , may have been the procurer.

How many people is that in total that were aware of the problem and were involved in the solution and have used the platform since it's installation and all thought this was acceptable.?

It looks like it impinges the height access up and down stairs.

It couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
And believe it or not it is within a British Embassy.

I’ll update this over the next few months as we get into the rewire.

Reply to Nice spot for a DB. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net