Discuss NICEIC 18th Edition Software in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Stevecb

I am having problems with the new software and wondered if perhaps a wiser head than mine can help me work around the problem
Basically the new software is rubbish and the NICEIC couldn't be less helpful and it took 3 phone calls for the relevant department to admit to their being a problem - 'which they are fixing and will be repaired by the weekend' - that was last weekend!!
The schedule of results downloads ok and is available to view on my NICEIC website but when the certificate is emailed out to clients it shows as blank and my customers are just not happy, they suspect me of not having carried out the inspection
My short term solution has been to open the relevant page on my computer and use 'snippy tool' to capture the information and email this to my clients
It was also noted that the new software will not allow you to revisit a previous certificate and resend it in the event of the original certificate having been lost or another copy being required - you have to duplicate the original certificate and reload and yes of course pay for it again - I choose now to send a copy to myself at the time of downloading the certificate
For an organisation that considers itself the bestthe NICEIC are pretty poor and seem interested only in profit

Totally agree.On the new 18th edition certs there seems to be no where to upload your test instruments as a default.In the old settings you could fill in the test instruments box with all the serial numbers etc and when filling in the form it filled the relevant boxes with your details.Now,as far as i can see,you have to enter your details on every certificate.Also,the old forms used to fill in the max zs for a circuit.The new 18th edition version doesn't do this and so you have to look it up for each breaker type and rating.
Lastly,it doesn't let you preview the certificate before finalising which was very handy to check that you hadn't made any mistakes.
Come on NIC pull your finger out and get these things fixed.

Wow, even though you pay for your inspections etc?.

Main bodies I’m in BAFE ECA and FSA all have free editable certificates.
Wouldn’t I be more cost effective to buy a program?.
But I guess they don’t have the NICEIC logo .
Am I missing something, sounds like you guys get a rough deal.

Once you have paid your yearly fee's (£558 for me :-( ) You can use the NIC online software for free,only paying around £1 per cert and £3 per part p notification.Don't know where the £300 year comes from?

That depends on what you want. I have a deal which doesn't include on site apps, etc. £80 per year, no extra cost per cert.
I've not renewed yet due to problems with the 18th software. I'll wait a while and see how it goes.

Yeah true, i love having the iPad app, think we will oay about 150 for our second year subscription.

The new 18th edition software is dog shyte amd thats been generous. Why they didnt import the new certs onto the old software ill never know.

Yeah true, i love having the iPad app, think we will oay about 150 for our second year subscription.

The new 18th edition software is dog shyte amd thats been generous. Why they didnt import the new certs onto the old software ill never know.
I've not even seen it yet......just dreading spending a load of time trying to get into it. Enough to sort out without piddling about with this 'necessary' carp.
Why was this stuff not sorted out over the last two years?

Reply to NICEIC 18th Edition Software in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net