Discuss NICEIC and the don`t take the P propoganda in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

moulesnfrites

Hi
I earlier reported on **** Electrical ( ***** *******) a rogue electrician in Poole who had been passing himself off as an NICEIC approved contractor for the last three years.
We reported him to Poole building control (Mr Muzzall-head of department) who had ***** in for tea and biscuits and told him nothing would happen! The council issued a non compliance notice against the customer ,we reported for, so in fact pursued the victim of the fraud !!
Mr Alan Wells head of technical services at NICEIC made a load of noise about dragging the rogue through the courts but last week we got a letter saying that as ***** had taken his van decals off and was no longer issuing NICEIC certificates or using his headed paper or business cards the matter was closed. No case to answer - no punishment -nothing.
So therefore at least three years of non compliant Part P issues are overlooked by the impotent clipboard carriers at the council, no surprise there as they are not fit for purpose anyway. Poole trading standards hand in hand with the council so also a waste of office space.
The biggest disgrace is the NICEIC with their latest don`t take the P propoganda , what a laugh , they are taking the P out of each and every paid up member.
Best advice is save your membership fees and just get NICEIC van decals made as Mr Muzzall at Poole council will confirm, nothing will happen to you, nobody cares. It might even be worth mass producing the decals and hitting ebay.
The rogue has now joined NAPIT...... allegedly.
And at least two electricians in Poole are threatening to leave the NICEIC. NICEIC inspector Bob Stone , nice bloke, but going to get a rough ride with inspections in this area for the forseeable future .

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea from acat there. May even get a few minutes in parliament, and have a few people make sure they are getting a proper regsitered spark by checking the registration.

Absolutely unbelievable. Just goes to show that all LABC and the P organisations are concerned with is taking your hard earned. Disgusting.

Its a good time to pass your comments on to your MP and just end it with WHY?

Chris

Don't forget to leave it till after Thursday as you may have a new MP by then and with luck a new Government

With the council saying nothing will happen are they also breaking the law as an accessory after the fact thus leaving themselves open to prosecution?

Last edited:
I'm going to be e-mailng the NIC telling them for the next 3 years I wont be paying my fees but will still be issuing their certs and carrying their logo on all paperwork and my van!!!!

Lets see what they have to say then.

P.S, thanks for reporting back moulesnfrites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this rouge guilty of mis use of the Nic logo or additionally,a cowboy pretend spark ?

If he has been accepted by Napit,I will want to know off them how such a person can be acceptable
If its the former only,then possibly they may have no grounds to reject him ,if no action by the Niceic

Could you fill me in on the story ?

The last bloke I heard who passed himself off as an NICEIC approved contractor got 6 months in the slammer, he was using someone elses regestration number.

We had a problem with an electrican last year, well my sister in law did, she owns a hair dresser, had a Napit electrician come out to do a periodic, she asked if I could deal with him because he gave her one partially filled sheet from the periodic report, took her money & wouldn't answer his phone, I called Napit only to find out that he wasn't registered with them any longer, hadn't paid his fee!

I'm going to be e-mailng the NIC telling them for the next 3 years I wont be paying my fees but will still be issuing their certs and carrying their logo on all paperwork and my van!!!!

Lets see what they have to say then.

Tell them you will also be charging them for advertising them on your van.

update....

Rogue trader not accepted by NAPIT and obviously turned away by NICEIC so in fact has joined ELECSA which is surprising as I spoke to Mr Mitchell a director of ELECSA and his secretary during the early days of this story breaking.
With over three years of dodgy jobs , no part P notifications, no certificates and no test equipment you have to wonder what projects ELECSA inspected.
Assuming that Mr Mitchell does not vet every application, Elecsa have now ended up with the rogue wearing their colours. Not smart but still they got ÂŁ350 !
Being as investigations are ongoing within Poole regarding some of the above issues it will be interesting to see what ELECSA do.

Should they return the cheque and boot him out which leaves him with van decals and certificates and the whole sorry roundabout will begin again. Or keep him and devalue Elecsa membership.
Maybe we should all vote on it .

This is a right mess, at least two NICEIC Poole companies have threatened to leave the NICEIC because they did not pursue the rogue with regard to van stickers etc. and want to join the ECA. If they join the ECA they will probably join ELECSA for part P which puts them back with the rogue trader. What a shambles.

will keep you posted .

I'm an Elecsa member, and will be firing off a letter to them regarding this. As we can't name names on here, any chanc you can PM me a few details? Ta

No, they're not valid, and LABC pursues the ripped-off customer for non compliance.

No I'm not joking.

With all due respect........not from what I've witnessed.
LABC have signed off some serious "visually" shoddy building & electrical work in my county, how do I know this, because I've been there to put the bad work right while the LABC are permantly "unavailable" when you phone them.

The Rogue trader still a member of Elecsa which is embarrasing as currently so am I .
My opinions in a free speech society :

NICEIC - Female dog

Mr Alan Wells of the NICEIC is a complete waste of time,.....promised loads of action but delivered nothing but hollow broken promises. In all honesty he turned out to be just like a female dog with no teeth , loads of bark, no teeth and no balls for the fight. Simply put the NICEIC do not care and anyone who is a paying member should demand better protection. Still the NICEIC did not sign up the rogue trader at the end of the day, so maybe score them 3/10.

Elecsa - Ostrich

The ECA have had a week to look into the matter being as Mr Steve Mitchell of Elecsa and his secretary were aware of the rogue trader "Blue" , and still signed him up. Whatever hapened to quality over quantity.
ÂŁ370 does not seem worth some of the worst publicity they ever had. No news yet ...all probably hoping problem is going away...head in the sand mentality !
Baffling bit of business sense , instant profit over poor publicity and principles. Elecsa - no score

Napit

Hats off to Mr Richard Gould , director of NAPIT , which is the only organisation which scores a 10/10 for turning the rogue trader away. It would have been an easy ÂŁ350. I have not always been that impressed with NAPIT and how they have previously dealt with some rogue members but maybe this is the dawn of a new day ...

Me

Currently I am still a member of ECA / ELECSA and in the MCS scheme so my annual memberships and inspections valued at around ÂŁ2K per year. I am less than impresssed that someone still under inspection from Poole Council, for three years impersonating an NIC competent person and not issuing certificates and notifications is signed up by Elecsa when the others refused him .
But at the end of the day what can you do ?

Alan Muzzall - Ex Poole Council

It is with great sadness, that I can tell you that the head of Poole Council Building Control who had the rogue trader in for tea and biscuits and told him "not to worry about three years of non compliant electrical works" and " nothing will happen to you" , has been retired. This is less than a month after he told me he was going to be in charge of Poole and Bournemouth Building control and about the same time as I got a reply from the deputy prime ministers office after I complained he was not fit for purpose, Part P was too much for him . Just a coincidence - who cares - He was not part of solution so must have been part of the problem . He is probably going to be gardening now as soon as his wife can stop him sitting on the fence.
Hopefully the new person will treat misrepresentation and unlawful works by scumbags a lot harsher than his predecessor and save the good people of Poole some council tax by not treating them to tea and biscuits !

Rant over - off to another day at work - nothing will change - nobody cares .....

Reply to NICEIC and the don`t take the P propoganda in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net