Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss niceic approved contractor in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

My niceic inspection is due very shortly & I'm trying to decide whether to step up to an approved contractor as 70% of our work is commercial & industrial. Most of our work is word of mouth, so our advertising costs are very low. Do you get much more work being an approved contractor?

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
P

Plonker 3

I think the question is, do you get many people asking if you are a NICEIC approved contractor or even lose jobs because you are not a AC.

I think its good to be an approved contractor, peace of mind for the customer too knowing the guy sorting his electrics is not the local pig farmer :)
How much it cost these days for annual fee?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its not that we lose jobs but more that are we losing jobs because businesses are brainwashed into using AC's.
I think its the same as a domestic installer per year but an initial £200 to set up

I was going to say that a lot of larger companies tend to only use AC, mainly so they can cover themselves and they know you will probably provided quick RAMS, certs etc, if needed.

P

Plonker 3

Well if that is the case, then if you can afford to "lose" £200 then go for it, see what new works it can bring you. Nothing stopping you from getting rid of it next year if it doesn't pay for itself.

W

Welchyboy

It's only about £ 300 to up grade from DI, done it last year and paid for itself many times over already, best for me is insurance EICRs for a foot in the door with businesses

Am currently refurbishing a school over the holidays, and just pricing to Rewire the sub-mains for 11 blocks of flats, all wanted Nic AC registration and most are passed on to me by sparkles that I know cause they are not AC

Basically the same hassle and cost as DI but actually works for your business! Should of done it years ago!!

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to niceic approved contractor in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom