Discuss niceic assesment help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dredski

ive got my assessment coming up for niceic domestic contractor one of my jobs is a new distribution board and the other one is a additional socket i just want some information into what the assessor will be asking for and what is the overall process and how long do they spend at each of the given addresses.

thanx

dredski

He will meet you outside the first address,and have a chat with you, putting you at ease, he will probably meet you at the socket job first, he will have you take it offlooking for workmanship, and will ask you about the bonding earthing in the place. You probably be there for half hour. At the major job, he will spend loads of time with you, you wil do most of your testing there.
There are other threads on here with recent assesments in more detail, if you cant find them I will give a full answer tomorrow mate. when is your assesment ?

Assessor will be with you for about 3 hours in total, dont worry once you get started it will feel like 3 minutes.

Know your testing inside out expected readings and what could be wrong if you dont get it. RCD trip times RCD usage Ze maximums, safe isolation procedure, bathroom zones and IP ratings for those zones tend to be favourite. You dont need to know everything but you do need to know where to find it.

Make sure all your work is tidy no exposed metal ie earth sheath touches MET same for live and neutral and of course make sure you have all the necessary paperwork for the desktop reviewand of course ensure all bonding is suitable and in place

Hope that helps and good luck.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
above all spot on mate, the only thing I would add to it is that do not on any account, BULL S**t . if he asks you a question, and you dont know the answer, go straight to your books which you have to have with you for an NIC assesment , and go to the answer straight away. If you dont know the answer, there is no shame in that, but not knowing where to find the answer will raise serious questions in his head, obviously negative.
Obviously he is gonna ask you questions relevant to the jobs you show him, and he can ask a lot in three hours. so PREPARE PREPARE. Dont let him catch you out on ANY safety issues at all. Dont let him catch you out on any thing thats basic, like wiring routes. Get yer nose in your books, ask him questions!! he is there to help. Attitude is important too !!.Determination to get it right, etc.
Dont balls up your numbering on the CU, are all the correct labels there ?. If he thinks you are at all dodgy you will not pass. I know our peers on here say that they want your money and you will pass, but you breach any of the main safety issues then you will not. He will be making notes as he goes, just ignore this. Make sure that he is not collecting evidence of bad workmanship or breaches of the regs, part p etc, that bit is up to you. You can see that passing is down to you.

Reply to niceic assesment help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net