Discuss niceic assesment tomorrow! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

moondog

Hi to you all, got my assessment tomorrow and i was just wondering if there was anything in particular i should watch out for?Its for the domestic installer scheme.One a cu change,the other additional socket to existing ringmain, cheers all.

have all your paper work together with insurance and books. if you don`t know a question don`t just guess it look it up. good luck with it :)

got insurance and books,wouldn't try and bluff my way through just wondering what to expect.The socket is rcd protected,

Good luck and stock up on tea & biccys. You have the right attitude, the inspector will spot bs a mile off. They are not trying to keep you out, only to maintain standards (I wait for the flack)
I'm due one and am worried about the appearance of the main earth connection (TN-S) on one of the jobs, but it tests ok and isn't really my domain to fiddle with.

Once took an NSI inspector (for security systems) to St Clements Cafe in Oxford, who did huge fry ups with Texas size portions. The day was signed, sealed and delivered after that!

Assessment went well,looks like i'm in,forgot to press the rcd test button after the rcd test!!!!,but nothing major.The assessor did ask for a building control number(i don't have one as i am going to apply retrospectivlely),so hopefully no dramas,can get on with revising for my 2391!!

well done mate.

I have my assessment in a week and i have done a c.u change and added a socket in my own house.
can i ask what question and tests he asked you as Im a bit nervous about it.

many thanks luke.

Cheers for that ,we went for cu change first,got me to do EFLI at cu,PEFC,PSCC,asked which measurement to put down.Before,i started testing i showed him nice new proving unit and martindale to go with it!Had me disconnect the ringmain and go through the full range of tests,end to end,continuity etc,he compared the figures i gave him with the ones on test sheet,IR,again just keeping a discreet eye on me to check i was ok.Asked a few questions about EFLI figures to see if they were acceptable and how would i check that they were ok,also how to allow tolerances (0.8 rule of thumb).Only thing he pulled me on was that after i ran through the RCD tests,i hadn't pressed the integral test button!!!! I was pretty nervous to start but the guy was sound,hope this helps bud,

thanks for that. i think i will have to go out and buy a proving unit. did you have to lock off the supply and put a sign do not switch electrician at work?

hi mate,did't actually lock off,as supply to cu was from main house,(i was in the garage),but made a point of saying to the assessor that for any dead tests i would normally lock off the supply to be worked on,which he was ok about.I think it would depend on where abouts your cu was to be honest,but if you have the kit,no harm in using it,the proving unit wasn't cheap but will get in to the habit of using it as i have my 2391 coming up!

I'm guessing as its notifyable he was just asking for the number.I hadn't notifyed the BC as after looking at various posts on here, the general concensus seemed to be that because i was applying to join a scheme i thought i could let them know later.I did speak to the LABC to explain my situation and they seemed fine about it,but guaranteed, the guy who i spoke to doesn't work there anymore!!!

I rang NICEIC yesterday to book an assessment and told them that I have done a CU change (Major Job) and a spur extension (Minor Job) at my home for inspection. But they insisted that these two jobs have to be at different addresses.

Is that the case? Or, is there a way around it?

Cheers!

Sorry mate,but that seems to be the long and short of it, any friends or family need a little job doing ? As long as they don't live more than half an hour away!

I rang NICEIC yesterday to book an assessment and told them that I have done a CU change (Major Job) and a spur extension (Minor Job) at my home for inspection. But they insisted that these two jobs have to be at different addresses.

Is that the case? Or, is there a way around it?

Cheers!

You can come and fit a light in the cupboard under my stairs... The Mrs has been crazing me for ages!!
Only 120 miles to travel!!!!

Ok Guess not..... The thought was there!!!

Reply to niceic assesment tomorrow! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net