Discuss NICEIC back tomorrow ! Help required please in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Soulsurfer

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, NICEIC are coming back a.m. to see me for AC upgrade but I have a small problem, as they saw two big jobs last time 3wks ago or less, I can use my place CU upgrade & move for the job this time, problem being I've got EIC for the works I've done and all on RCBO's now but on iCertifi I need supply parameters and origin details. I'm a little stuck here as got Ze at my cu inc PEFC & PSSC but mains room serves 12 flats, is TN-S and through a BS5419 switch fuse which I think is 60A rewirable fuse inside carrier but do I need to do Ze from the DNO line in there to a disconnected main earth from them ? & if so as I can't kill power down there at switch to get cover off or what do I do ? Would we always need to go right to source like this when this kind of arrangement is supplying say flats or HMO's? Also need to find a kA rating on the old fuse down there ?

Thanks anyone who can help !

Explain the situation sometimes there are limitations as to what you can undertake, wait for them to pose any questions don't volunteer it.

No reason why you cant look in the switch is there as it is almost certainly a 3036 and if it is 60A on a 16.0 T&E that could be a problem.

No reason why you look in the switch is there as it is almost certainly a 3036 and if it is 60A on a 16.0 T&E that could be a problem.
So even those big buggers are still 3036 like the teeny board rewirables ? Just smashed big toe nail off so nothing much to cut off lol

Well, regarding the t+e supply, a problem could well have arisen with you not having access to replace it, after all the other flats are probably fed in the same fashion. You've improved the flat installation with RCD protection and you're going to contact the building owner/landlord about other improvements asap. Make notes to that effect.

Well, regarding the t+e supply, a problem could well have arisen with you not having access to replace it, after all the other flats are probably fed in the same fashion. You've improved the flat installation with RCD protection and you're going to contact the building owner/landlord about other improvements asap. Make notes to that effect.
Thanks, should I note all that on the certificate ? Just so I have some cert to offer the assessor later this morning !

If you note it on the cert it'll show them that you know what's required to bring it up to standard. Presume you've bonded.
Yes, unfortunately when I moved the board, I found a small 6" max length of twisted tinned copper tucked under base of board position under plasterboard ! Not connected to anything.
Now have 10mm bonds to water main close by as it enters, and to old not in use gas meter main pipe as it comes from underground in road.

All done & passed ;)
He went over everything and including the twin and earth sub, but told me that due to all flats being bonded to a gas main riser ( no longer in use but extraneous ) and main water and with all the flats being run in 16mm sq that the 6mm would be fine as there are effectively a large system of parallel paths down to earth and that there are no thermal effect issues of the existing cpc.

Reply to NICEIC back tomorrow ! Help required please in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock