Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

NICEIC Certification Scheme NICEIC - becoming approved

Discuss NICEIC - becoming approved in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

HansFritznblitz

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I'll be taking my 17th Edition exam in May. Providing I pass this, I would like to do some smaller commercial work, mainly adding spurs to power the ELV stuff I install now to make a bit of extra cash. Then later in the year take my exams for Part P.

To become approved I realise you need to pass assessments. But do I need to start taking on work to have assessed after my exam? If so, should I be telling customers that I'm in the process of becoming approved and can't certify my installs until after passing assessments. And what are the repercussions of failing them? Would I just be looking at paying for reassessment or paying someone to come and certify it so as to not leave the customer in the lurch?

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
K

ktech

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My understanding is that only domestic work requires suitable Part P scheme membership such as NICEIC Domestic Installer.

As for commercial work you have to have some to show for the NICEIC approved contractor assessment, hence can happily get on with commercial work without approval. You will be wanting to install to BS7671 standard and be providing with required BS7671 paperwork on completion of jobs. Clearly you need to be happy you are competent to do the work in the first place. The customer would not be in the lurch at all as you have completed the job as the competent person to the British Standard.

Reply to NICEIC - becoming approved in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom