Discuss Niceic cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

vbyrne

-
Reaction score
Hi all
i have been filling in NICEIC certs now for the past two months
the way our firm work is to give out what they call a site sheet we test and fill in the results and all the information and then the QS looks over it and finalises it, I was given a completed cert fully printed out from our office the other day to give to a man that was coming on to my site.
I looked through the cert and I noticed that the circuits that are covered by rcbo's inn the ,'ELI measured,' column the result is just written down as tripped for each circuit.
Does this mean that all they are looking for is the tripping times filled in and this satisfies the ELI column and tripped is entered as I have been testing every circuit individually for ELI

The NICEIC make their own rules about what to fill in which may well not comply with BS7671.

However that said for any circuit protected by ADS the intent is to have the EFLI below the maximum level specified in BS7671.
Except in particular circumstances, even where there is 30mA RCD protection, on a circuit with a TN earthing system then the EFLI should be below the maximum impedance for the overcurrent protective device and so the measured value of EFLI (or a calculated value) should be entered on to the installation certificate to confirm this information.

For a form that has a column with measured EFLI then this should have a value in the box.
Tripped is not acceptable in any case and does not make sense for an RCD, RCBO or MCB.

I agree with Richard, it really should have a figure in the box as its meaningless otherwise and essentially makes the EIC worthless.

Reply to Niceic cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock