Discuss NICEIC cloud in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

C&H

At at tech talk before christmas the niceic were saying they were launching their own cloud to buy store certificates. Any more word on this? Think the date was to be 14th January?

Sounds cleaver stuff.. However still a pen and paper man myself.. Mind you I allways end up filling three pre job due to errors in spelling etc.. Really need to invest in electronic certs..

I'm pen and paper aswell, can't see me ever going electronic to be fair. Unless they make it the must in future, hope not.

The ECA back in 2008, had an online form filling service.
Don't know if they still do, as I no longer have access to that part of their site.
I found it fairly easy and simple to use.
No charge as I remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
NICEIC cloud sounds good to me, ÂŁ1 per certificate no big outlay for software etc. I'm currently using the megger software but it hasn't got any EICR certs on it only the old style periodic, gonna contact them here see if they have an updated version

NICEIC cloud sounds good to me, ÂŁ1 per certificate no big outlay for software etc. I'm currently using the megger software but it hasn't got any EICR certs on it only the old style periodic, gonna contact them here see if they have an updated version

I'm not with the NICEIC but ÂŁ1.00 per cert sounds pricy. You could pay for an annual subscription for a 3rd party software package from about ÂŁ65 per year.

Personally I'd anti anything "cloud" based as it means you always need internet access to use it!

At at tech talk before christmas the niceic were saying they were launching their own cloud to buy store certificates. Any more word on this? Think the date was to be 14th January?

there's no way i'd let the niceic have my data, don't trust em, at the live event they were trumpeting the fact that my area engineer could see my certs at any time!!!

Yes I believe its so the certs are stored on the cloud so they can be accessed by your scheme or yourself at anytime in the future
the software is free but then there is a charge of ÂŁ1 per certificate so if you give customer a original copy and also want a printed copy for yourself or someone else such as a client I.e builder then thts ÂŁ3 per job plus notification fee soon begins to add up
It will be available to Elecsa registered enterprises later in the year

I thought the whole Idea of the new part P doc and changes was to reduce burden and cost to us
they have reduce notifiable jobs so any fool can do the majority of the jobs now so less work for us
eventually 3rd party sign off so you will have muppets wanting you to sign for work you havnt seen or know if has been carried out correctly
And worst of all ELECSA have joined forces with NIC under the certsure scam which eventually will mean having to answer to NIC muppets who I never wanted to be a part of
for next couple of years the schemes will run side by side but after that there is change coming but they havnt said what which I think willll mean one of the schemes and assessors going
The whole set up is a sham and beginning to think It was the worst mistake I ever made giving them my dosh and being a part of the whole sorry mess

I think they should sort out the on-line shop first, register here, and here, and oh, here too, then you can log in and be completly ignored, or we will send you an activation code by horse drawn cart then you can register here and here and yawn all I wand is some certs please I do not want be become a mason, a mi6 operative or a member of the league of hacked of sparks just some simple hand writen certs
Pict

Yes I believe its so the certs are stored on the cloud so they can be accessed by your scheme or yourself at anytime in the future
the software is free but then there is a charge of ÂŁ1 per certificate so if you give customer a original copy and also want a printed copy for yourself or someone else such as a client I.e builder then thts ÂŁ3 per job plus notification fee soon begins to add up
It will be available to Elecsa registered enterprises later in the year

I thought the whole Idea of the new part P doc and changes was to reduce burden and cost to us
they have reduce notifiable jobs so any fool can do the majority of the jobs now so less work for us
eventually 3rd party sign off so you will have muppets wanting you to sign for work you havnt seen or know if has been carried out correctly
And worst of all ELECSA have joined forces with NIC under the certsure scam which eventually will mean having to answer to NIC muppets who I never wanted to be a part of
for next couple of years the schemes will run side by side but after that there is change coming but they havnt said what which I think willll mean one of the schemes and assessors going
The whole set up is a sham and beginning to think It was the worst mistake I ever made giving them my dosh and being a part of the whole sorry mess
well said I am NIC and hate having to answer to them especially when they tell me things that I learnt from college are wrong does my head in but cant work without them

Reply to NICEIC cloud in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock