Discuss Niceic domestic installer question in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gavlar

Hi ,

have a question about the niceic domestic installer scheme requirements.

When joining It it says that they require 1 years worth of installation certificates

How can you issue installation certificates if your not registered with scheme ?

Thanks

You don't need to be part of a scam to issue certs.

When the assessor arrives inform him you have just set up and that is why you don't have many to show them, you have issued a cert for the job you are showing him haven't you?

Hi mate ,

thanks for the reply ,

well im in a security engineer , and in the evenings I did my , eal domestic installer , 17th edition , and 2392 inspection and testing , I bought a tester , and went out looking for work. I lacked some confidence with it all , as found it hard to carry out jobs for people as I was not registered with a scheme , and to do so , would need an accessor & and for the work to be signed off by a qualified electrician , all this I thought wouldn't of looked great to the customer I was working for , just not sure how they expect you to have a experience when your not registered etc .. Cheers

what total crap this thread is....

....and whats a `domestic installer`?...something to do with washing machines?

No a domestic installer is someone who comes on here asking how to wire a light up, has left the regs book on site, wanted to be a spark all their life but has kids etc and couldnt afford to do a proper education to be a spark, they are the ones who carry on even if told they are dangerous and will kill someone.

Hi dibb , I just read that anybody who is competent can issue mwc's and eic's ( plain template copy's) it would just meant notifying building control before hand , I would then keep hold of these copy's for when it comes to my own assessment . I know it would be pricey having building control notifying my works for a while .

Hi dibb , I just read that anybody who is competent can issue mwc's and eic's ( plain template copy's) it would just meant notifying building control before hand , I would then keep hold of these copy's for when it comes to my own assessment . I know it would be pricey having building control notifying my works for a while .
What proves your competence in filling out a cert is understanding what you are filling out.

Hi Gavlar, before you waste any money..... don't notify building control!!! Waste of time and money if you want to join one of the scams! Just use a couple of jobs you've done recently (notifiable) for your assessment and bang em through once you are on the books! simples mate!

No a domestic installer is someone who comes on here asking how to wire a light up, has left the regs book on site, wanted to be a spark all their life but has kids etc and couldnt afford to do a proper education to be a spark, they are the ones who carry on even if told they are dangerous and will kill someone.
ahh i see...

its just that all these new terms and positions are very confusing....

as i had it it was your an electrician....or not...

so, now there is a bit of title variety....sounds good..

its all about choice these days...titles for all today...competance for a few tomorrow...

Reply to Niceic domestic installer question in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net