Discuss !..NICEIC - Fake Goods Warning..! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

se7aq

Ay up each

I was just farting about on ebay and came across NICEIC fake goods such as t-shirts, stickers for the van etc etc blah blah blah so and and so fourth, and I realised that any Tom, Dick, and Harriot can buy this stuff and pretend to the punters that they are a registered with the NICEIC..!

Three things:

1) Are these companies, as it were, breaking the law by selling NICEIC goods that I presume and would think that only NICEIC can sell...?

2) Who else pays a good £500 per annum so they offically use the afore mentioned logo's..?

And...

3) Who else thinks that NICEIC should do something about it...?!

Don't forget to use the NICEIC name and shame page and report any dodgy NICEIC Rhinestone Cowboy. THEY COULD AND SHOULD BE FINED...! That'll stop em'.

It's not hard to get hold of the NIC logo and most graphic designers and vinyl companies have a copy.
One local van graphics company stuck the NIC AC logo on my mates van because they didn't recognise the Elecsa one he'd specified and thought they were the same thing!!

took my van for sign writting , they have all logos,
my trading name is Mc Donalds Electrical
i am currently driving round with a flipping giant golden arch on my van !!!!!!!!!!!!

all i can see on ebay is a company that supply t shirts etc. with logos, using the niceic as an example. it's only the same as your local signwriter putting the logo on your van. or the local rag accepting your advert as accurate. it's not their job to check whether or not you are entitled to use that, or any other logo.

all i can see on ebay is a company that supply t shirts etc. with logos, using the niceic as an example. it's only the same as your local signwriter putting the logo on your van. or the local rag accepting your advert as accurate. it's not their job to check whether or not you are entitled to use that, or any other logo.

Fair point, fair point...but I had a reply from the NICEIC they said:

..."I have forwarded your email to our Misuse of Logo department who will be able
to look into this for you."

If it was a firm printing Adidas or Nike stuff for any Tom Dick or Harriot to sew onto their clothes they would go nuts and they would send in the old bill. So as far as I'm concerned the only ones we should be selling NICEIC stuff is NICEIC.

Especially as people spend there hard earned cash for the privilege to officially use the logo.

Ay up Each....

NICEIC informed me they are looking into it....and suggested I inform Ebay as well.

I read on one of the threads thatthere are some polish chaps doing dodgy work, perhpas they are wearing NICEIC polo shirts and stuff..!

Reply to !..NICEIC - Fake Goods Warning..! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net