Discuss NICEIC Inspecter turned up at my house with out appointament. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Poshspark

Hi I had my Niceic inspector turn up at my house last Febuary for my anual inspection but they had not informed me of the appointment. I was away on a 17th edition course so he put it down as a failed visit they have been trying to charge me for the failed visit. Despite several letters we keep going around in circles they say they have sent me the appointment letters, I say I haven't revived them. Then they say we still want the money.
Has anybody else had this problem ?

Unless they can prove you received the letters, ie placed them in a human beings hand and got a signature, what do they intend to do about?

Exactly, if they didn't send it recorded, what are they going to do?

If I were you mate, I'd get them on the phone, tell them you are going to Elecsa and then tell them what they can do with their invoice.

Send them an invoice for your wasted time on the matter, include cost for typing letter and stamp and envelope.

I agree and also state that if payment is not received receivership of funds would be passed on to apropriate bodies and that could occur a extra charge.
I think your problem will be solved amicably after that.

hi mate

i would do as rocker says and tell them you are now going to register with a better governing body Elecsa and as he says ask them to prove that you have received a copy JOKERS

Surely as you can change the appointment to suit you, you would have changed it to a date you could do had you received the letter? Are they stupid? Luckily my guy calls to follow up before coming out, maybe yours should too! Out of interest is this for AC or DI? ie is it someone that works for NIC or is it someone subbing for them?

I don’t know if it still works the same but this is the method I used as a freelance photographer.
  • Issue invoice for time and materials involved.
  • Wait 28 days.
  • Apply to the county court small claims division for an injunction against the plaintive.
  • Wait for your payment, they won’t fight it and if they do it will only cost you 10% of what you’re claiming.
The threat of a county court bailiff walking in to the office works wonders.

This is where i have experience !!!!! i have a issue where i am acting as a witness for a client in court. Time after time documents do not arrive, BUT because they say they have been posted its legal !!!! Even the courts do not send anything recorded. Their legal team must be costing 1000's and still they only use first class but claim in court as they "had sent the documents etc " its legal. Not even proof of purchase .

Issue them with an invoice for the exact same amount as they want from you, for time spent etc. That way the worst case is you'll both have to pay each other and voila!

They can't have it both ways, they're invoicing you for their time that you didn't agree to, you're invoicing them for time they didn't agree to. You can either both pay or both forget it! Then leave them for someone else and tell them they're d1cks ;P

Had a very similar problem myself with a failed arrival of my inspector. He was due at 1pm and just never arrived. We called head office at 2pm to ask if he was coming and they advised that they would call him and ring back. Half an hour later they called to say they had left messages but were unable to contact him. A completely wasted day!

Next morning at 8.30am the inspector called to apologise and arrange a new inspection date. Letter for the new appointment arrived next day! It would appear that they had double booked him and their system overwrites bookings??

Under their rules a charge is placed on the company if an appointment is missed, cancelled within five days of the appointment, paperwork is not in order and a revisit has to be arranged. So, we have issued an invoice to the NICEIC for £290.00 +vat stating that it is for lost revenue, wages, admin, calls etc. Let's see if it is paid.

wouldn't do that, as they are seen as a "professional body" they could be asking for payment for 50 unexpected visits and the court would just find in their favour, make you pay and hit you with a 5 grand bill for 20 minutes in court, which is where it will end up very quickly if you dont pay.....I would just pay up,get a lawyer to do it for you and state in his letter (recorded) that it is a mere goodwill gesture in relation to a misunderstanding... NICEIC is something that you dont want to be banned from for life, it will end up being one of the must haves and if you dont have it you will end up pushed aside...and out of work..

wouldn't do that, as they are seen as a "professional body" they could be asking for payment for 50 unexpected visits and the court would just find in their favour, make you pay and hit you with a 5 grand bill for 20 minutes in court, which is where it will end up very quickly if you dont pay.....I would just pay up,get a lawyer to do it for you and state in his letter (recorded) that it is a mere goodwill gesture in relation to a misunderstanding... NICEIC is something that you dont want to be banned from for life, it will end up being one of the must haves and if you dont have it you will end up pushed aside...and out of work..

What a load of rubbish.
The man is being bullied by them. They are just a "scheme" when it comes down to it, the NIC think the're god almighty. Have they not heard of ELECSA or NAPIT.

"Under their rules a charge is placed on the company if an appointment is missed, cancelled within five days of the appointment, paperwork is not in order and a revisit has to be arranged. So, we have issued an invoice to the NICEIC for £290.00 +vat stating that it is for lost revenue, wages, admin, calls etc. Let's see if it is paid."
Thats exactly what I'd do. Self important robbers who are part of the cartel thats destroyed this industry.

problem you have is the courts deem a letter as received 2 days after it was sent (divorce years ago i tried this argument) and also if you also want to remain NICEIC so have to play by their rules.

seems strange to only receive 1 letter, i'm not NICEIC so won't be fully aware of the process but my assessment is in a few weeks and i've had 2 letters plus a phone call confirming it.

your options pay them its their train set, write to object asking as a good will gesture to cancel the charge, move to another scheme an bite the bullet for what you've lost - some schemes give a discount if you transfer so this may be comparable with the re-assessment charge.

Are you actually being serious here ?? ....That's not a good will gesture mate, that's total capitulation, with your tail between your legs, .....and MUG branded across your forehead!!!

You must be very much in ore of the NICEIC, they hold no official standing over any of the other scam providers...
I'd have great difficulty calling any of these Scam providers ''Professional Bodies'' they are just businesses ...pure and simple, that live of the backs of working electricians. Unless you consider parasitic companies as being of a professional body...

I am a bit confused here.

Poshspark started the thread on 1st February 2011 talking about the unexpected visit " last February ".

If Poshspark is still around I'm sure we all would be interested in the outcome.

NiCEIC only contact you 1. when they want money 2.when they want to sell you merchandise 3. When they sent an inspector to spoil your day.

The ECA are interested in our industry. & yes we are members of both

Im also tempted to tell NIC to do one, paid my £434 and had my assessment a month ago, and still not had my registration through. My emails just get ignored.

I receive 2 letters and a call from my assessor for my assessment days. I do agree with the statement about not feeling valued by the NIC though. I wrote to them 8 weeks ago and have heard nothing.

I know one forum member is a NAPIT employee - the NIC should have someone on the forum as well to hear our gripes!

BTW when you think Part P registration is expensive, approved contractor status with the NIC is around £1000 for an application and then annual membership!!

Reply to NICEIC Inspecter turned up at my house with out appointament. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock