NICEIC Certification Scheme NICEIC inspection soon!!

Discuss NICEIC inspection soon!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mckayver

Hi all, i'm new to this forum and just wanted to ask a few questions about my upcoming NICEIC regestration and first inspection. I have a limited company with myself and another spark as directors and we have 2 apprentices. As you will know you need to provide 5 jobs to be inspected for the approved contractor regestration. Could anybody please explain the procedure in full for a small commercial installation from start to finish as we have always previously sought all our work as sub-contractors for other companies so never had to provide all revelent documents etc and i've been finding it quite complicated founding out exactly what is required from first inspection to handing over. Sorry if this is too long a thread too i'm just finding my feet!!

Yes I have 5 jobs lined up including a couple of domestic jobs. I just don't to miss anything before the inspection date is arranged.

Why don't you ring them and ask to speak to someone who can talk you through the assessment process?
It's quite simple really though, it only involves a few simple steps.
Fill in form
Pay some money
Gadgie comes to see you
Talk for a while
Show books, documentation, insurance certs etc
Take gadgie to see jobs
perform some tests under his direction
You're in.

If you have already applied for your assessment, they will have sent you out an information pack with a complete list of requirements, failing that just simply log on to their website where you will find a section about it all.

As long as you have all the copies of your insurances, 5 jobs all within 30mins of each other, copies of completed installation certificates you have completed for the jobs, all your relevant books including ones for emergency lighting etc, complaints procedure, plenty of tea and Coffee you should be good to go.

It was more site procedure I was looking for. Will he need to see risk assessments, method statements etc. Is there anything else other than the electrical installation certificate? Do I need to put a new DB schedule in the DB? Do I leave copies of the installation certificate in the DB? Things like that i'm not 100% on.

It was more site procedure I was looking for. Will he need to see risk assessments, method statements etc. Is there anything else other than the electrical installation certificate? Do I need to put a new DB schedule in the DB? Do I leave copies of the installation certificate in the DB? Things like that i'm not 100% on.
Yes he will want to see risk assessments and method statements and your customers should have a copy of the certificates not the disboard.

They are quite hot on the term "durable" so if you just pop the very in the front of the DB he will pull it out and drop it on the floor then tell you to open up page Such a such in the regs book and read to him regulation x and explain what it means. So if you do not have a durable cut out schedule label then he might not like it, and with his magic pen and paper full of tiny carefully arranged sits he will mark s big cross in the departure column....

Ok thanks, these are the kind of tips I was hoping for, would they fail you on things like this or do they give you a chance to rectify without the need for re visits ?

Ok thanks, these are the kind of tips I was hoping for, would they fail you on things like this or do they give you a chance to rectify without the need for re visits ?

Depending on how serious it is " in their eyes" they will either request another assessment at extra cost to you or they may settle for photographic proof that you have put it right.

Reply to NICEIC inspection soon!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock