Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

NICEIC Certification Scheme NICEIC inspection

Discuss NICEIC inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Aerlingus

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,

I read somewhere on this forum that they were about to be assessed by an NICEIC inspector re: membership. They quoted that they only had to produce TWO pieces of work for inspection. I think they went for Socket and CU. When I recently applied for NICEIC membership the inspector has asked to see FIVE pieces of work for inspection? I feel that having to produce three more pieces of work is a bit harsh? Comments please fellas.

can I ask what types are the other 3 pieces which they want to look at ? or all together what 5 pieces do they want submitting?

A

Aerlingus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The inspector wants to see installation work that I have recently done. So that could be anything from a re wire to an extra socket installation, and everything to be certificated as well! Ok fair play I say, but this seems to be a far more rigorous inspection than the other guys have had?

M

MacSparky

If that is so then perhaps maybe they have already started to tighten things up for competent persons, i think this was mentioned in another thread recently......and before anyone jumps in to try and throttle me for mentioning the 'C' word......Que Sera Sera:p

S

slrichardson

Are you going for part p domestic installer status or full niceic approved contractor? the domestic installer is only 2 and i think the approved contractor might be the 5?

S

stevie h

Are you going for part p domestic installer status or full niceic approved contractor? the domestic installer is only 2 and i think the approved contractor might be the 5?

Am sure this is correct

O

ONIT

You Are Correct , I Spoke To Them The Other Day And Its 2 For Domestic And 5 For Approved

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to NICEIC inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scolmore Electrical Products
Top Bottom