Discuss NICEIC MCS inspection...Last minute tips please!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sbwelsh8

Hi guys,

We have our mcs inspection tomorrow with NICEIC. I have the folder ready etc.

Just wanted any last minute tips or any questions you were asked so I can prepare myself!!

Thanks very much!! :)

err try search NICEIC its been asked several times you'll find loads to keep you happy

Hi guys,

We have our mcs inspection tomorrow with NICEIC. I have the folder ready etc.

Just wanted any last minute tips or any questions you were asked so I can prepare myself!!

Thanks very much!! :)

Dont bother its a waste of time...ha coudnt resist - just be yourself and be honest, if you get a NC dont sweat it, put it right and all will be good.

Im with NAPIT - not so much asking questions rather quizzing you on the QMS document - for example: Inspector: Can you point me to were your structural calculations are kept: Whats your procedure for storing goods etc. That sort of thing.

'Can you point me to were your structural calculations are kept:' I am sure that question will make a few of the installers on here sweat a little from what I have read in past forum posts :(

NICEIC guy did'nt want to see structural info or wind calculations when we were assessed in September 2011. Your QMS will get a pretty thorough grilling though.
One of the first questions he asked us was to see the approved sub contractor list, bear in mind your scaffolder should be entered on here.
Don't forget to seal your generation meter. NIC man said this is one area so many miss

What do you seal generation meter with??

I am finding it hard to resist the obvious but rather sarcastic answer to that one !:innocent:
We get ours from CEF normally in a bag of 20 wires and 20 lead seals , then just crimp with a pair of pliers !

U will find that they aint there 4 u, jobs worth. U had yr inspection now, bonding in an industrial unit cost me in the early days.

Reply to NICEIC MCS inspection...Last minute tips please!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock