Discuss Niceic minor job in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Girls.

A bit of advice needed for my niceic assesment.

On my minor job,i am planning to install a socket on the landing in my cousins house, the system is a tt,the main switch on the cu is a 30mA rcd,i know this isnt to the 17th regs.

Main services are bonded,earth rod has no enclosure.

All replies appreciated.

Many thanks

do you think the niceic chap would fail the job,as the cu has no circuit discrimination?.

i will state on the test sheet and by a letter that i have advised the customer that cu needs changing because of non discrimination between circuits.

To be honest, I have no idea what an individual assessor will do.
However, if your work complies with BS7671, and you make a note on the MWC (where reasonably practicable) of any defects in the existing installation.
I cannot see what valid reason there would be for failing you.

Thanks spin, i do have my head in the red book from time to time to double check things.i suppose if i have made the customer aware of any items noticed in the installation and are noted on the cert,the assessor should give me the green light as i have spotted them,

8 weeks and counting til the big half day !

hi, yea so far it it is the only minor works job i have at the moment,unless something comes in, the property i have for my major works job i also added a socket in a bedroom,its a pity i cant use that

the currrent installation is not your concern, carry out the work you are contracted to do and ensure it meets current regulations and you are fine, bit like changing a car tyre doesnt make you resposable for an oil change

yea my first,have decided to go with the niceic,as i dont have to part with all the fee at once,which is good.

the major job has been notified and tested by the labc,and tested by myself also,i did notice the council spark was filling out a pir cert,didnt think that was allowed.

the rewire i am on at the moment has also been notified,and the same spark is testing it again.

that is very true,a great way of saying it.
the big red book is with me,we,ll his little brother is !.

this forum is brilliant,i checked out a forum yesterday diy one,and was very shocked,excuse the pun,but a guy on there was saying about testing a lighting circuit,and couldnt work out how to test it,as he was using the plug lead,and was going to install a socket so he can test the lighting circuit,cannot believe it,

they want to see two,so the major one is the kitchen,utility rewire,and bathroom electrics. minor is the socket on landing in my cousins house, so hopefully all goes well and it may help to get more work, a lot of my work is from recomendations.i have asked a sparky pal of mine,who is full scope niceic,if he has got more work from being niceic,he reckons its better with the full scope.one step at a time eh.

Reply to Niceic minor job in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net