NICEIC Certification Scheme niceic minor works cert

Discuss niceic minor works cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iceman

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi on green minor works cert by niceic where its says circuit protective device for modified circuit witch in my case would be BS 60898 type b
thn under tht its says rcd if applicable does suggest if its used as a main switch so again in my case i would put n/A or do i need to fill in the details eather way any help would be great cheers

T

tonytrying

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hiya

sorry I am not answering yr question butrather asking one,, i want 2 do NIC assessment, can i do for my minor job,, convert a single socket into a double and if so ,,what test wud i need 2 carry out

regards

I

iceman

hello tonytrying as fare as i know the niceic require you to add another socket to an exsisting ring final ciruit or new additonal light point to exsisting lighting circuit for a minor works, witch ever you choose to do, just changing a single socket to a double will not be enough hope this helps ;-)

T

tonytrying

Thank you very much,, its a starting point,,wonder if assessor will want me 2 carry out any tests

regards

I

iceman

yes he will want ya to carry out some tests to demostrate competence in testing you'll need to jobs for assesment at two different sites one minor works like adding a new socket to ring final and one major works like a c/u change or full rewire etc ;-)

I

iceman

hi on green minor works cert by niceic where its says circuit protective device for modified circuit witch in my case would be BS 60898 type b
thn under tht its says rcd if applicable does suggest if its used as a main switch so again in my case i would put n/A or do i need to fill in the details eather way any help would be great cheers

D

DHES-LTD

You put the BS number of the RCD if there is one. If its a split load board and its fed by a 32A MCB but off the rcd side of the board you would put 60898 For your MCB and 61008 or 4293 for your RCD.

I

iceman

im unsure wot the bs number is for the rcd cos it dont say all i knw is its hagar 63a with a 30mA trip time its in a newly built house so my guess is tht it propley wouldnt be the older 4293 rcd wots thoughts on this? thanks

I

iceman

not the 61009 one? you sure it wont be the 4293

S

Spudnik

RCBO's 61009 and RCD's 61008.

Post up a pic and let us have a look.

D

DHES-LTD

You see the writing on the side of it, it will tell you there mate, take it out and have a look!

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to niceic minor works cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom