Discuss niceic minor works cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

iceman

hi on green minor works cert by niceic where its says circuit protective device for modified circuit witch in my case would be BS 60898 type b
thn under tht its says rcd if applicable does suggest if its used as a main switch so again in my case i would put n/A or do i need to fill in the details eather way any help would be great cheers

hiya

sorry I am not answering yr question butrather asking one,, i want 2 do NIC assessment, can i do for my minor job,, convert a single socket into a double and if so ,,what test wud i need 2 carry out

regards

hello tonytrying as fare as i know the niceic require you to add another socket to an exsisting ring final ciruit or new additonal light point to exsisting lighting circuit for a minor works, witch ever you choose to do, just changing a single socket to a double will not be enough hope this helps ;-)

yes he will want ya to carry out some tests to demostrate competence in testing you'll need to jobs for assesment at two different sites one minor works like adding a new socket to ring final and one major works like a c/u change or full rewire etc ;-)

hi on green minor works cert by niceic where its says circuit protective device for modified circuit witch in my case would be BS 60898 type b
thn under tht its says rcd if applicable does suggest if its used as a main switch so again in my case i would put n/A or do i need to fill in the details eather way any help would be great cheers

You put the BS number of the RCD if there is one. If its a split load board and its fed by a 32A MCB but off the rcd side of the board you would put 60898 For your MCB and 61008 or 4293 for your RCD.

im unsure wot the bs number is for the rcd cos it dont say all i knw is its hagar 63a with a 30mA trip time its in a newly built house so my guess is tht it propley wouldnt be the older 4293 rcd wots thoughts on this? thanks

niceic minor works cert {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
not sure if this worked but heres the web link www.hager.ie/index.php?scr=800&id=583 second pic down cheers

Is it exactly as the picture or similar?

Sometimes the BS number is in with a load of other numbers and can be difficult to make out.

This is a BS4293:

Excuse the pic. Done with fone.

niceic minor works cert {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

And in your link is a BSEN61008

Last edited by a moderator:
I have noticed on some devices nowadays that they dont list the whole number down, you may have something like BSEN008 as opposed to BS 61008??

Particularly with main switches - BSEN947-3.

thanks alot jason its not tht rcd you shown its deffinatly the one on my link thank again for clearin tht up ;-)

iv just noticed a problem on me rcds where the red patch is when the rcd is one its showin white thn when i press the test putton to turn the rcd off the red patch comes up its the wrong way round will me asseser fail me on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to niceic minor works cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock