Discuss NICEIC Online certification - Opinions please in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

spud1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone tried the newest version of the NICEIC Online certification?
I tried it after attending a local techtalk.
It was ok... but I found the first thing I did on it (an EICR) took me over 3 hours to process!
I cant decide whether this was because of user unfriendliness (form fill style format seems to slow circuit detail and test result entry right down! Not to mention observations entry !) or my inexperience with using the system.

Not to mention the ÂŁ1.00 per cert it costs! (Bit pricey in the grand scheme of things)
In real turmoil with this, please help!

I have been mostly trying it this week too. :49:

I have so far done 2 EIC and 2 EICRs on it.

Before this I have used the templates in excel. But now I am looking to get a more professional look and I can't be bothered with updating the templates to AMD3.

I have looked at the standalone software too

I found the first one is a bit of a bind but you can copy your certificates as template for new ones so hopefully that will cut down on entering all the usual LIMs and Ticks, plus there are some built in templates (I use the 10wayRCBO board one),starting from a template is much quicker.

Whether it's worth a pound a shot I don't know but I will stay with it for one year till my next assessment and then make a decision then.

The PC packages want about the same money for the year and I think I will get better support from NICEIC (i CAN HEAR YOU SOBBING AT MY NIEVITY YA KNOW)

Worth noting that lot of council/government work (this side of the pond anyway) require the NIC EIC AC cert numbers.

I'm not with any scheme as at present I have no need to be, but iirc those numbers have a little cost attached to them as well...and no standalone test software is cheap (EasyCert around ÂŁ200 to buy + ÂŁ70 a year to license iirc). So the NIC stuff seems quite reasonable, given what you are getting. If it can notify BC in England/Wales I'd say its a bargain (not sure if it can? again not had the need for that!)

I use the NICEIC online certification every day, at least one cert every day and an EICR every 10 days, Its very fast, quick and easy, excellent layout and navigation, I can knock s minor works very out in a couple of mins, a full very with 10 circuits in about 10 mins or so and an EICR in as long as it takes to input the problems found.

i like it and would highly recommend it, and at ÂŁ1 per cert it's very cheap and think it's the best thing out there, significantly better than other software.

I've seen three others and cannot think what it was called but icertify was one of them.

At at least the NICEIC online doesn't cost you other than per cert, no software to buy etc and can access it from anywhere.

its only opinion.

Yeah but you don't need to fill in a cert to hand to the client there and then on the job... I always go home and email it over. I just make notes then fill it in at home.

when you have access to the internet!!
Lol. That's my problem. This year I was criticised at my annual 'assessment' for not using their software until I pointed out the lack of Internet access! They even tried to suggest I should have a card reader. I can't get 3 G, I can't get a phone signal much of the week!

i use easycert. Don't recall it costing hundreds of pounds. Works great on the iPad.

I use the NICEIC online certification every day, at least one cert every day and an EICR every 10 days, Its very fast, quick and easy, excellent layout and navigation, I can knock s minor works very out in a couple of mins, a full very with 10 circuits in about 10 mins or so and an EICR in as long as it takes to input the problems found.

i like it and would highly recommend it, and at ÂŁ1 per cert it's very cheap and think it's the best thing out there, significantly better than other software.

How can they justify charging you for a electronic cert? Do you alsompay for the software?

At your claimed rate of 1 cert every day and with there being 240 working days (assuming 5 days/week 48weeks/year worked) then you are paying ÂŁ240 per year. Compared to something like pirform which is ÂŁ70 per year for an unlimited number of certificates it doesn't look all that cheap does it?

I've been looking at maybe purchasing this you can Auto copy C1/C2/C3 information to Observations area of the Electrical Inspection Condition Report form.

Electrical Contractor's Office
Tysoft Easycert does that now on EICR. If you fill in the comments and a code it fills in the observations box for you quoting the regulation. I miss PIR forms myself, much less time to fill in.

Reply to NICEIC Online certification - Opinions please in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net