Discuss NICEIC or other? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rhys101

Hi, im just starting out,

Which is the best value company to register with?

I want to start out small and keep the overheads down, as far as i know there are two ways to go about it, either pay a lot of money and get them to check out 2 of your jobs then you can sign them off yourself, or you can pay them to check all works. Is this correct?

Do you have to register to carry out domestic work? Any answers greatly appreciated :)

I believe that NAPIT are cheaper and will accept one job.

There's also ELECSA and they are also cheaper than NICEIC, though im not sure about how many jobs required for this scheme provider...

I guess its a matter of weighing up all the pros and cons on each.

Hi

I registered with NAPIT about 4 weeks ago were happy to see only one job, but as this was a rewire there was plenty to see!! I pleased with them so far they cover you for industral & commercial work.

Hope this helps

Steve

I believe that NAPIT are cheaper and will accept one job.

There's also ELECSA and they are also cheaper than NICEIC, though im not sure about how many jobs required for this scheme provider...

I guess its a matter of weighing up all the pros and cons on each.

Noticed the price for both providers are now the same.

Admitted, that Elecsa were the cheaper of the 2

NICEIC--Well I have been with them now for 30 years. I have read so many accounts of balls ups they make and have experienced this myself and directly accused them of only being interested in the money -and to think they operate under a charity, -they are supposed to be there for the customer -yet in fact they are only there for themselve not for the customer at all-if you are thinking of joining --PLEASE DONT --find another . You want anymore info let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to NICEIC or other? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net