Discuss Niceic Qualified Supervisor role in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

desigo

Hi forum,

Have been working for a company for a few years they've asked me to become QS for the site I work at I've got 17th / 2391 they have offered a salary increase of just over 1 % not sure how much I should be looking for before I respond. Thanks

Are there many QS'?

I was once a QS for my previous employer and did not enjoy it. I was the only QS as I was the only employee with all the relevant qualifications / experience.

You will be the one that gets told of by the NICEIC inspector if any observations are made. For many years we had the worst inspector ever who loved to make you feel small. The inspector for the remaining years before we went into administration was much nicer.

You will be responsible for overseeing all work carried out, and are supposed to supervise all employee's. You will be responsible for all certificates issued and have to countersign them.

I was an onside engineer and was not given the time to carry out the necessary duties for a QS.

You will need to ensure your employer gives you enough office time to keep things in order.

To start with, I never got paid any extra but eventually got £1 extra an hour which was about 2 to 4k a year (depending on overtime put in)? 1% sounds poor IMO.

Reply to Niceic Qualified Supervisor role in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

There's been a few changes recently at the company I work for. 2 electrical supervisors and the contract manager left towards the end of last...
Replies
Views
I have been working as an electrician under an NICEIC Approved Contractor for the past 10 years. I have my C&G2365 level 1/2/3 (acquired before...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Sorry, I won't take much of your time. To cut a long story short, I am newly qualified and have domestic installation/commercial...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi all Just qualified last Monday and I have completed both initial and periodic test and inspection courses. What is the process for joining the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock