Discuss niceic registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cool the sooner i get mine thn the better im advertising in the local rag, sending flyers out, printed t shirts, sign written van but works realy slow, im gona grab the niceic by the short n curlys now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
there are alot of customers getting wise to all the different scheme providers these days, as everyone is aware of the cowboy syndrome, and quite correct to, covering your back side these days is paramount to how this country has gone these days, you cannot sneeze with some one sueing cause they have caught your cold, you get my jist anyway.
KEEP the COWBOYS out thats my motto.

Registration with any scheme will NOT guarantee more work.

Although some have said the NICEIC registration has helped.

Good luck!

puttin thm letters niceic on me van or flyers would mk a world of difference i bet roll on iv been puttin it off for to long now i best get it done and out the way cheers guys

Its very hard to gauge, if its joe bloggs got us out of the Thompson or yellow pages we always ask how they found, as we don,t have a web site, should have these days but i don,t think i can be bothered as we have been always ok, never know in these present times though do yer.?

NICEIC registration hasn't really got me any more work, but only been with them for just over two months now, so it's early days i suppose. It definately does make the van and adverts look alot more proffesional. I am just hoping it all pays off, it's a small fortune to sign up!, then they make you buy your own signs! Surely they should be free?

NICEIC registration hasn't really got me any more work, but only been with them for just over two months now, so it's early days i suppose. It definately does make the van and adverts look alot more proffesional. I am just hoping it all pays off, it's a small fortune to sign up!, then they make you buy your own signs! Surely they should be free?

Agreed ! as well as the i.d badges !

I'm also finding it difficult to decide nic or elecsa?I asked one of my estate agent customers if he would need an electrician and he said nic but uses a company as they give him 30 days credit so not much use to me as a one man business.ELECSA sounds really good and helpful but nic is much more high profile.......I'll have to decide soon,just waiting on the plaster drying so I can complete my assesment work.I just keep watching this forum to see whot others think.Regards,Sparkdog.

Iceman, they do give you one sticker in your welcome pack, but you really want one on all sides of your van.

Sparkdog, i went with NICEIC mainly because when speaking to Joe Public, NIC was recognised much more more than any other. Some people thought that NIC was the only one out there.

P.S. Kung, you are so right, they should totally issue the badges as part of the welcome pack too. FOR FREE!!!!!

I've just renewed my Part P, was originally with Elecsa but have now gone with the NIC. Elecsa are good, no problems at all with their service - nice n easy! The reason i went with the NIC now was mainly due to being more recognised so i'm hoping it might bring more work in - time will tell!

Some customers who rang over the last year have asked if i was with the NIC and i explained that i was with Elecsa instead and explained it to them - but i just cant be arsed having to get them to understand any more, trying to justify that theres no difference and that i can do the job for them.

One of the builders i work for does alot of council grant work and says he can only use NIC electricians even though i told him thats not the case - so it just seems a better choice IMO.

The only bad thing is that i see alot of complaints about their service in various forums - i mentioned this to my assessor and he says the people who mainly complain are the ones who dont want to follow the rules - he said if you do your job correctly you'll have no problems.

The only bad thing is that i see alot of complaints about their service in various forums - i mentioned this to my assessor and he says the people who mainly complain are the ones who dont want to follow the rules - he said if you do your job correctly you'll have no problems.

The NICEIC are there for the customer and NOT the contractor.

He is right about the rules tho. Its their rules or you are out.

So basically, if you do have problems they are very rarely interested, hence the reason you cant get through on the helpline, continue to take subs when you leave, keep sending you invoices when you leave and then threaten courts etc etc.

Has to be said though that they are the highest profile.

See:

http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...ical-regulations/4485-who-you-registered.html

hi im goin to book my assesment with the nic this week iv got me megger calabrated just printed off document part p got me 17th edition just need public liability insurence now, wot sort of questions did the asseser ask ya, were they hard ones dug up frm the big red bible? lol

Typical NICEIC we're so much better than everyone else and are never wrong attitude.:mad:

Hope my inspector doesn't read this:eek:

hi experience im goin to book my assesment with the nic this week iv got me megger calabrated just printed off document part p got me 17th edition just need public liability insurence now, wot sort of questions did the asseser ask ya, were they hard ones dug up frm the big red bible? lol

@ people saying they've just registered with NICEIC, who were you with before, how did you sign off work prior to being NIC registered?

Reply to niceic registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock