Discuss NICEIC test sheets in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

dnjr

-
Reaction score
Dear All

First post so please be gentle

I have issued a certificate for a house I have wiredrecently. I bought the certs frommy wholesaler and they consist of 3 sheets. 1st sheet name etc. 2nd sheet Charateristics and 3rd sheet is test results.
I added to this a smoke alarm test cert and a fuse chart.

Building control have rejected the certs saying that it is not as per NICEIC requirements. They say Nic forms have 5 sheets, I dont know what else they could have except the above. How many sheetsare there on NIC forms. I want to check they facts before I ring them on Monday.

I am qualified and 17th edition but not registered with NIC etc

Ta
dnjr

I am with Elecsa, and they only have 2 sheets. It may be that the building inspector doesn't have a clue what he is on about, this is normally the case when it comes to electrics.

Hi Im only a newbie to electrics but as i understand it, if you are not registered with NICIEC, or Elecsa or any other Part P Scheme then building control will reject it. They will allocate their own testing and inspection (at quite a high Cost)

Hi Baza

As I understand it, when you apply for planning permission and building regs, part of the fee you pay covers having electric certs sent to building control by any electrician registered or not

Anyone know better ?
dnjr

Sorry dnjr, but you have to be registered with one of the part p schemes. Unless (i think) as previously mentioned you notify building control before work starts that a non registered sparky will be doing it, and then pay alot for them to check your work.

Hi Dnjr As far as i know if you are not registered with approved Part P scheme , who sanction your work as complies with regs. Then you need building control to do it for you,either way it all ends up in the building controls lap, but you either pay building contol to pass it with one off fees or register with a Part P scheme

Hi again Wirepuller, pushed the send button to early.. What are the 5 sheets you mentioned apart from the 3, I mentioned what do the other 2 cover

ta
dnjr

Hi Baza

As I understand it, when you apply for planning permission and building regs, part of the fee you pay covers having electric certs sent to building control by any electrician registered or not

Anyone know better ?
dnjr

Thats correct but some LABC's will try and charge extra or have you employ a third party sparks, even though it is quite clear that they cannot do either..

Hi Lenny
It was a total refurb and when I got the plans and building regs it said in the regs that electrical work must be carried out by a registered electrician or a competent person to BS7671. As the regs have been passed by building control I assumed that they were ok with either.
Fingers crossed, will call them on Monday.
Its so strange that there are so many different ideas on what is correct..

Regards to all dnjr

Your job is a notifiable one soyou have two routes 1. notify building control prior to work commencing it does not matter what qualifications you have or 2. join a cps like NICEIC and notify them when work is complete.

My local LABC wanted £120 + VAT for a CU change 3 of them and you have paid your cps fee. NICEIC want £6 for the same job.

Chris

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the reply. I hear what you are saying and am looking into joining NIC but have always understood that any fees are already paid in with the planning app.

dnjr

Reply to NICEIC test sheets in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net