Discuss NICEIC test sheets in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

Frosty69

Hi people,

I know a lot of people do there own test sheets on here but I usually just buy mine from niceic. My question is can I still use my red bordered test sheets or do they want you to chuck them and buy there new updated ones? They obviously would like you to but is it a requirement?

thanks

Dont know about NICEIC, i am with elecsa and i have just under a pad each of EIC's and MWC's and they too have brought out new "amended' certs ( i cant see much difference apart from layout) so i emailed them to ask if there was a deadline we had in which to change over and they said just keep using the old ones till I run out.

Hi Frosty69. Here is the definitive answer from the NICEIC that we received. Hope this helps

Sent: 22 December 2011 17:05
To: Electrotechnical Area Engineers; Electrotechnical Associates (AC)
Subject: EICR

All

Just to confirm the discussions on use of old PIRs.

As we have only just made available new EICRs it has been agreed that a fair and pragmatic procedure would be to allow ACs to use existing PIRs for up to 6 months.

At next assessment visit after this time we would expect evidence that new EICRs were used from agreed time i.e. after June 30[SUP]th[/SUP].

Regards

Matt

Matt Darville | Engineering Manager NICEIC Electrotechnical |
Warwick House | Houghton Hall Park | Houghton Regis | Dunstable | LU5 5ZX
Office: 0203 2512025 | Mobile: 079702 15748
Email: [email protected]| web: www.niceic.com
Visit our online shop at www.niceicdirect.com

The Nic told me last week that we should only use the old installation sheets on the jobs planned prior to Jan !st, and we should no longer be using PIRs, problem for us is AMTEC havent updated their software yet, nor can they giva a date when it will be ready for Nic forms, they blame the Nic for delaying getting the artwork over to them, and the Nic say this isnt true

Martin

Hi Frosty69. Here is the definitive answer from the NICEIC that we received. Hope this helps

Sent: 22 December 2011 17:05
To: Electrotechnical Area Engineers; Electrotechnical Associates (AC)
Subject: EICR

All

Just to confirm the discussions on use of old PIRs.

As we have only just made available new EICRs it has been agreed that a fair and pragmatic procedure would be to allow ACs to use existing PIRs for up to 6 months.

At next assessment visit after this time we would expect evidence that new EICRs were used from agreed time i.e. after June 30[SUP]th[/SUP].

Regards

Matt

Matt Darville | Engineering Manager NICEIC Electrotechnical |
Warwick House | Houghton Hall Park | Houghton Regis | Dunstable | LU5 5ZX
Office: 0203 2512025 | Mobile: 079702 15748
Email: [email protected]| web: www.niceic.com
Visit our online shop at www.niceicdirect.com

Thats an interesting copy of an email. It directly conflicts with BS 7671 - how can they justify this???????????

So their justification is becuase they have just finalised their EICR's (or is it simply that they have thousands of the old ones) they can extend it.

Fingers crossed some jumped up Council official will reject these NICEIC PIR's that are dated after 1st January 2012

And while I'm at it, I'm a bit skint so can I carry on with the BRB until I've saved up for the BGB???????????

NICEIC can't supply the EICR pro-forma sheets to their members at the moment and have accepted the extended the use of the PIR until June 30th, 2012.They have only had a year to get their act together, after all most of the adopted changes were their recommendations to IET.

I received a pad of eicr's last week, unfortunately amtec software cant write to them and amtec are unable to give any indication as to when they will be able to

Martin

NICEIC can't supply the EICR pro-forma sheets to their members at the moment and have accepted the extended the use of the PIR until June 30th, 2012.They have only had a year to get their act together, after all most of the adopted changes were their recommendations to IET.

So how come if I want a new advert flyer I can get my design printed off within 7 days you stated that they only had a year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when infact they had 2 years and even after all of that they had to revise a reprint if you have been following posts on this very subject you will realise that we are no into urban myth where the schemies say yea it ok to use PIR documentation but will not put this in writing because even the minute they get a reprint done it will be the big stick being brought out to say you should know better not to use old documentation where it clearly states not to use after 01/01/12.

No wonder there is appathy in the trade

who said anything about EICR's I would have thought it bloody obvious that you have to use an EICR now instead of a PIR because under the new regs a PIR no longer exists!!!, I was on about the new EIC and MWC that elecsa have come out with, and no where in the OP did it mention an EICR, as for NICEIC still using pirs until june!!! I thought the amendments to the 17th actually came out in jun last year and that as of JAN 2012 they were mandatory, therefore EVERYONE should be using EICRs now and NICEIC have had 6 bloody months to sort it out!!!

who said anything about EICR's I would have thought it bloody obvious that you have to use an EICR now instead of a PIR because under the new regs a PIR no longer exists!!!, I was on about the new EIC and MWC that elecsa have come out with, and no where in the OP did it mention an EICR, as for NICEIC still using pirs until june!!! I thought the amendments to the 17th actually came out in jun last year and that as of JAN 2012 they were mandatory, therefore EVERYONE should be using EICRs now and NICEIC have had 6 bloody months to sort it out!!!
You are right in what you are saying but because I rarely do a PIR I use the Kewtech pads only problem is that even they dont have them ready or anybody else and this is because me thinks they are still tweaking it the daft thing is every man and his dog are still selling the old PIR pads of any make at a discount this in turn tells me that they are talking to each other because its not a fluke that they are all behaving the same way pity they could not keep us informed but then again maybe I am asking too much from these clowns

Reply to NICEIC test sheets in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock