Discuss Niceic Timescale and requirements in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Retroviper

Hi just looking for some advice, I am employed at the moment doing PIRs including writing the certs out. If my company ended up folding and I was offered to take over on the contract , They may insist that I be a Approved Contractor with the NIC. What sort of timescale would this take to set up?

It is rumoured that the NICEIC will require you to have been trading for up to 2 years prior to registration as an approved contractor but i am sure they will gladly register you if you can illustrate your experience with their services with your current company. This is what happened for me.

Is it likely that this is going to happen?
Are you a registered QS?

I took me two months to setup as I was already recognized by the NIC as a QS, all I had to do was obtain the credentials and got a couple of jobs done. The main delay was in notifying my sample job via the labc. They had no one there who could actually carry out an inspection of any kind. I ended offering my services to the labc to then inspect my work on their behalf. So this is what happened.
I'm sure now though, that all labcs have something in place.

BTW this was so I could register to self certify and notify.

Not sure it will happen but it is a very strong possibility at the moment.
At the moment I am running the contract and doing the work and filling out the certs.
Job is going well and client is very happy with the way it is working.
Was just thinking if the worst did happen if I could put myself in a position where I could just continue.

I'm sure it will be fine. If it does happen, then let the client know that you'll be able to offer the quality service they've received all this time within a month.

Are you a QS? If not, could you try to squeeze it out of your employer?

Thats what they really want to hear because the contract is running really well and the only thing that will change from their point of view would be the point of billing.
Not 100% sure that they will want approved contractor just as long as I could issue a NICEIC cert , Guess I could do that as a domestic installer?

They may have a preference or not. If you do consider the domestic installer route, you'll have to inform the NICEIC of your PIR intentions as it is an additional enrolment under the DI scheme.

Reply to Niceic Timescale and requirements in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net