Discuss NICEIC Visit, test result sheets in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Davey1988

Hello guys

the niceic is coming to my home soon and they are going to check my work. When i phoned em up one if the advisors on the other side of the phone advised me that they are not concerned either you have submitted it to building control just that you can test and carry out everything ok,

is this true? He told me this over the phone but i don't want their inspector coming out saying i cannot join them until i submit the work or even worse they report me? :/

the 2 sites to submit to border control was 360 each which i refuse to pay, expensive was hoping on getting on board and then submitting through themselves. Any suggestions on the visit? Should i just state they have come out to inspect the work or that i submitted the results to the LABC.

Any help guys, no flaming

Well you are in luck. Your cheque has cleated and are now a member in the NIC, now just notify the jobs once you have the relevant log in details to do it.

They won't report you, there is nobody to report you to!

It's only once you have been accepted by the scam of your choice that there is someone to report you to.
And even then they won't do anything about it (unless it is non payment of your bill)

well I dont know how other guys do it....but we make a simple check list for every job we do...and tick it....if our inspector brigs up an new fault we add it to our check list....then any project done, has a check list to prove alongside certs we have covered everything.....simple idea, but works

Yes, you can stop worrying about that.
Now all you have to worry about is what the hard earned cash you are paying to the NIC is going to get you. The answer is not a lot!

Call the labc tell them the situation and ask if they'll accept it as obviously you've been proved competent now and they might let you pay a lower fee otherwise bite the bullet
its worth ringing the NICEIC to see what they suggest also

You won't be allowed to run it through NICEIC notification system

The Inspector should check after the assessment it's been notified though, and will class as a noncompliance if you don't notify to labc,

They did this to me but I had spoken to my labc who were just being stupid and slow, yours will probably be the same as they really don't have a clue how a system they are supposed to oversee works! this is why in my area you have to be a scheme member as the labc don't want the paperwork so they say they can't accept notifications from non scheme members, whereas I know people from other regions and it's not a problem!

I remember on my first visit I asked how to sort the chicken /egg issue and why wasn't it possible to run it through their system and was told the insurance wouldn't cover it, I said it was stupid as on the initial visit they do check testing and results more than on following visits.

Call the labc tell them the situation and ask if they'll accept it as obviously you've been proved competent now and they might let you pay a lower fee otherwise bite the bullet
its worth ringing the NICEIC to see what they suggest also

You won't be allowed to run it through NICEIC notification system

The Inspector should check after the assessment it's been notified though, and will class as a noncompliance if you don't notify to labc,

They did this to me but I had spoken to my labc who were just being stupid and slow, yours will probably be the same as they really don't have a clue how a system they are supposed to oversee works! this is why in my area you have to be a scheme member as the labc don't want the paperwork so they say they can't accept notifications from non scheme members, whereas I know people from other regions and it's not a problem!

I remember on my first visit I asked how to sort the chicken /egg issue and why wasn't it possible to run it through their system and was told the insurance wouldn't cover it, I said it was stupid as on the initial visit they do check testing and results more than on following visits.

What a load of arse.

Did LABC prosecute you?
Did you fail your assessment?

What a load of nonsense, your LABC cannot just refuse to accept submissions from non scheme members! I suggest you make a formal complaint about that one!

In my experience LABC only care about part P when it is in conjunction with work being carried out under a planning application, any other work then if you don't notify then they'll never know about it.

You notify when the jobs finished.

who decides when the jobs finished?

you do.

as stated above no one cares, its not policed, the councils had the idea put on them, as said half of them no not how it works or why its there.

just notify it when you've finished. At least youve done it properly....

I've just got off the phone with a bloke from the Labc he confirmed they only accept notifications applied for beforehand or remergency repairs and the fee has being altered to £180 plus vat since I originally enquired

They are not aware of any way of allowing proven competent persons (ie qualified, experienced, previously assessed ) notifying without belonging to a CPS for a much smaller fee
But said if I can provide the legislation under which other Authorities have allowed this to happen then they would have to rethink this, but they would still set their own fees to whatever they deemed appropriate

Last edited:
My inspector told me once you receive your welcome pack, notify online and just change the dates. But i had already notified through labc so no need, if you are that worried talk to your scheme provider and get some solid answers.

Ok so don't know what happened to that post, so I'm going to write again

Dillb what was your point exactly ? an answer giving factual information would have nice even if you don't agree , I'm more than happy to be corrected

I was in the same boat as the op and this was how things worked out for me, and I was just giving a constructive reply on what I was told ,

Whether or not I was informed correctly or not is down to the members of the Niceic and
Labc I had contact with

I had the intention of doing things correctly, why else would anyone bother joining a scheme otherwise
So you follow the guidance of the scheme this is what I was advised by the Niceic , so I rang the Labc and that was what I was told by them

Its their game and to play, its their rules ! and they weren't going to change their minds because of my call!

No I didn't fail the assessment but they wrote to me stating it as a noncompliance a week afterwards, and said until the situation had been rectified I was not able to trade as an Niceic contractor, so it was effectively as good as a fail

Labc prosecution's we all know it never happens, but this is not the point , notification is a legal requirement as you know

Edexlab sounds like u had a bit of bad luck.

My inspector said to me he drew a line under what is in the past just notify everything from now on.

No it wasn't so bad a mate already a member of another scheme notified it for me, he said it was a farce!
its a stupid system anyway why on earth could they not have made provision for this and allowed people to notify, once they'd passed

No it wasn't so bad a mate already a member of another scheme notified it for me, he said it was a farce!
its a stupid system anyway why on earth could they not have made provision for this and allowed people to notify, once they'd passed

Because, like there seems to be alot of nowadays, it wasn't thought through properly, and was implemented with ineptitude & mediocrity.

Reply to NICEIC Visit, test result sheets in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net