NAPIT Certification Scheme NICEIC vs Napit

Discuss NICEIC vs Napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

This is my 1st post so forgive me if its in the wrong forum.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me which organisation would be better to register with, NICEIC or Napit or doesn't it really matter. I had a look on both websites & theres no mention of price, how much is it to register with each organisation? One more question... What else do I need to have in place to trade legally & successfully as an LTD? eg. Public Liability, website, VAT registered, etc...

Good afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which organisation would be better to register with, NICEIC or Napit or doesn't it really matter. I had a look on both websites & theres no mention of price, how much is it to register with each organisation? One more question... What else do I need to have in place to trade legally & successfully as an LTD? eg. Public Liability, website, VAT registered, etc...

You only need to be VAT registered when your revenue is more than £73,000 anually

Good afternoon all,

All prices are there on each scheme provider's website, along with all entry requirements.

Thanks IQ Electrical, I found the NICEIC prices (not cheap are they) I couldnt find the Napit prices but I guess they'll be similar.

Electricalserv, thanks for your response too. Is there anything else you could reccomend?

Prime Design

I think when you find them , the prices for Elecsa & Napit are ALOT different to the NIC.

Especially NAPITS price for all electrical systems (kind of same as Approved contractor). But this is a hornets nest I am not interested in climbing into ......

NICEIC is a more recognised scheme, a lot of local authorities, insuarance companies. letting agents, will only give you work if you are a member of them, wrong IMO, and I hope that it is changing, but it still seems to be done.

NAPIT full scope will also include as Ant Standing says other services, for instance they will cover you with PIR work, which is an extra with NICEIC.

It is really what you want out of things.

Been doing insurance work for years and registered with NAPIT never been an issue. All they care is that you are registered I have found.

I know it's over a year since the last post but I didn't say thank you.

Thanks for all of your responses. I decided NICEIC was the best option and I am in the process of getting registered

Thanks again

Thanks for all of your responses. I decided NICEIC was the best option and I am in the process of getting registered

Thanks again

Took your time then, ....making your mind up which to go with!! lol!!

The decision must have been very close :biggrin5:

Three turtles sitting at the bar

Turtle No 3 had to go home to reluctantly get the rain coats " Don't drink my pint he warned"

3 years later he had not returned so Turtle 2 was saying to Turtle 1 "Best we drink his pint"
A voice came from the street "You do that and I'll turn back"

Thanks again

imo wrong choice fella

Reply to NICEIC vs Napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock