Discuss Niceic what qualifications required to join in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Nope. The only qualification the NICEIC are really interested in is your credit rating and potential to increase theirs.

Ok I know how the scams are seen within this forum , but I know select require you to be approved graded to join , I thought niceic would have been the same

You've got your 17th + a level 3 qual..... "Give us your money."

Your in!

Not sure how the NIC define the 'domestic installer' and the 'approved contractor' because im not with them.

But like the others have said, they'd even accept a monkey if it had 17th.

Maybe the approved contractor status you must show 3phase or industrial/commercial work for the assessor?

I think niceic are now the same as select in the fact you need to be graded an "approved electrician" but don't quote me on that. I'm pretty sure they've recently changed that. I think that's to be full scope though.

NICEIC approved contractor just requires basic quals and five jobs of mixed commercial. , domestic and industrial if you have it. Job done

Not sure how the NIC define the 'domestic installer' and the 'approved contractor' because im not with them.

But like the others have said, they'd even accept a monkey if it had 17th.

Maybe the approved contractor status you must show 3phase or industrial/commercial work for the assessor?

Niceic what qualifications required to join untitled - EletriciansForums.net

Speak to each scheme face to face at an Elex show and ask what you need to be a member? Shocking.

Our industry has a lot to learn from Gas Safe scheme. Joe public knows about it. They advertise. No-one has work done in their house without a Gas Safe registered member.

Where are we going wrong????????

The scheme's look at this forum and yet do not hear what we all say.... Whats the point?????????

View attachment 21044

Speak to each scheme face to face at an Elex show and ask what you need to be a member? Shocking.

Our industry has a lot to learn from Gas Safe scheme. Joe public knows about it. They advertise. No-one has work done in their house without a Gas Safe registered member.

Where are we going wrong????????

The scheme's look at this forum and yet do not hear what we all say.... Whats the point?????????

slightly OT but I was wiring up a boiler in a shop last week.
Shop boss asked me if I was Gas safe.
Me: no.
Her: then you are not allowed to do that!
Me: yes I am, I am not touching the gas bit, just wiring it up.
Her: I don't believe you, you must be registered.
Me: I am part P with elecsa.
Her: what is part P?

So yes, she knew about gas safe and knew you needed to be with them to mess with a boiler (even if she got the detail wrong) but didn't even know there was an electrical equivelent and obviously thought that electricians were trained monkeys compared to plumbers....
:banghead:

obviously thought that electricians were trained monkeys compared to plumbers....

Who's to say she's wrong?

Gas safe is better regulated, far more respected and the members better paid.

As for wood buchers, they can bodge anything electrical together, the sun shines out of their nether regions.

Who's to say she's wrong?

Gas safe is better regulated, far more respected and the members better paid.

As for wood buchers, they can bodge anything electrical together, the sun shines out of their nether regions.
depends what `electricians` were refering to though doesn`t it
i mean theres plenty who come through these doors for instance..
so if this is the public perception when theres many around calling/refering to themselves as electricians who cant even grasp the basics and when they open their mouths in here out spews the most base crap....

Don’t get at or blame me. You lot let the scams take over.

Until I retired as an industrial maintenance engineer and got involved with various forums I’d had nothing to do with registration bodies. They carried no weight in my field, you were employed based on your indentures and qualifications.

To say I was shocked when I joined the forums would be an understatement.

Hi glasgospark, I too have been looking at joining a scheme. Up here the Domestic Installer doesn't apply so you would need to apply for the Approved Contractor Scheme. I'm sure you need need 2391 to join might be wrong. I've applied to SELECT, your right you need to be approved to join but it's only a 1 day assessment which I done earlier this year. I just find SELECT more approachable.

The NICEIC seems to be the scheme which has the most clout within councils, some companies even think the regs are written by them, If you go onto the NICEIC site there is a list of their requirements which includes the qualifications and the insurances etc that you are to hold, I personally would not entertain going for the domestic as the approved contractor is very reasonably priced, particularly against the ECA whos prices are determined by your turnover

Hi glasgospark, I too have been looking at joining a scheme. Up here the Domestic Installer doesn't apply so you would need to apply for the Approved Contractor Scheme. I'm sure you need need 2391 to join might be wrong. I've applied to SELECT, your right you need to be approved to join but it's only a 1 day assessment which I done earlier this year. I just find SELECT more approachable.

hi thomas , started my application for the niceic today paid the first fee and will have assessment within 4 weeks , they seem pretty decent to deal with , i actually corresponded with them about a year ago and they went out there way a considerable amount to help me , any advice on assessment anyone ????

Hi,

NICEIC and ELECSA as they are now part of the same group. Both have announced that from April this year that you need inspection qualifications (2391 or 2394 + 2395)to join and that existing members that do not have that level of qualification, need to gain them in the next two years.

All the info you need is here

http://www.niceic.com/Uploads/File2160.pdf

Cheers

Mark

Reply to Niceic what qualifications required to join in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock