Discuss niceic ? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Richard3009

As an approved electrician

I have been in touch with niceic regarding setting up on my own, they require me to inform them of two pieces of work to inspect one minor one major, I assume for the major as im not certified I will have to inform building control of the major, or will niceic cover this job after the inspection

Its a bit of a chicken and egg scenario, what time scale do you have between completion of the installation and informing either niceic or building control.

Its all a bit of a minefield to me

im in a similar situation as you richard, i also spoke to the nic today regarding the 2 assesment jobs and labc, they told me that if i had not completed the jobs they where not interested.

so basically i think you will have to inform labc prior to starting your work pay the money complete the jobs then get nic round to complete your assesment.

its stupid really because your paying twice really, i know that if your ring napit or elecsa and ask them the same question then will let you do the job as your assesment and dont need to inform labc.

maybe its just a nic thing

hope this helps

From what i can see there is nothing to stop me changing a 13A socket front at my mothers and declaring that as a minor.

i also asked them about the minor job, when i mentioned about changing a face plate they said they would prefer a spur off a ring etc rather than just a straight swap of a face plate.

If you have started the ball rolling with the niceic and paid your money then you can do the jobs test them have your inspection and the niceic will log them for you after your inspection.

That would make more sense, sort of a retrospect certification, in the mean time what does the customer get issued with on job copletion certificate wise ?

Reply to niceic ? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock