Discuss night mare job in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DurhamSparky

Trying to locate a ring circuit in a house and so far i have found 3 rings within rings..!! ARGH!!!!! CHIMPS!!!! :eek:

any body else had similar encounters!!

I wouldnt half lap it,you dont know what else the Chimps have added on,This sort of find can only be sorted properly by hand and visual tracing,for your own peace of mind,have come across quite a few in London and been glad i hand traced them all,found lights spurred off of rings(Run in bellwire),boilers spurred off of lights,etc....

It must be approaching the point where it's cheaper for the customer to get you to rip it all out and start again.

I'm always aware of getting to that point in fault-finding where I think "I've got to just say to the custromer that this could end up more expensive than just running a new circuit(s)". :rolleyes:

trying to trace by hand would be easier to rerun new

It must be approaching the point where it's cheaper for the customer to get you to rip it all out and start again.

:rolleyes:

very good point, unless you quoted for work, then stumble into it - nightmare

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes ......... I know exactly what you mean .... commiserations ezzzekiel. Worth trying a re-negotiation?

fault find complete!! all rings with in rings were extension add ons that some Numpty head did not break to accomodate the extension to circuits.!!

:mad:

Reply to night mare job in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock