Discuss nissan navara d22 electric window. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

trigger75

the rh rear door electric window on my Nissan navara only goes down when you press the switch (window will not go up) I removed the door trim panel and undone the harness connection and with a multimeter i checked for power while my mate pressed the switch on the drivers door and rear door up and down i got a reading of 12.38 on both pins. i then run two wires from the navara battery to the window motor harness connection pins and the window went down, swapped over the wire to the pins and the window went up. plugged the harness connection back up and pressed the switch and window still only goes down.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP- if it indeed does not work, do a few simple checks if you can.
try opening it using the switch on that door. if it doesn't, try using switch on drivers door. if one or the other works, you know you likely have a duff switch.
if both don't work, take switch out if you can and check and see if you're getting power to it.
if no, bigger problems yet lie ahead with you.
I assume you Have checked the relevant fuse...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know some vehicles you have to go through some kinda reset procedure when the battery is disconnected. On my nissan the windows will still roll up and down after power failure but they don't work in auto mode where you flick the switch quickly and they automatically go all the way up (or down) on their own.

that's quite a common thing these days. they will work after battery has been disconnected then reconnected, but the one touch doesn't. usually just a case of going to each window in turn, putting it right down, then right up and holding the switch for a couple of seconds till a soft click is heard. it should then be reset.

only got one thing to say. going by the OP's name.................... " look after your broom".

Ah, I see you've added some info to the OP. Maybe try swapping the switch on the faulty side with the switch from the rear door on the other side and see if the fault persists.

I'd also be very careful using a fly lead and connecting voltage to wires. There's a chance the switch doesn't control the window motor directly, it might send a signal to an intelligent management unit which in turn powers the window motors so you may damage the input side of the unit if you connect a wrong voltage to it.

Don't swap for the other switch if the switch pack is the "master",chances are if your other tests are as read,it's the switch. The item will cost about an hour of Dealer labour rate,stick one in and post me a thanks,or i quite like home-made marmalade...

sorry i have only just replyed is it possible to test the master switch, i have just got hold of a wiring diagram for the electric windows and i can see that its all linked through that switch

Reply to nissan navara d22 electric window. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net