CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss no continuity on ring final neutrals in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Ladders

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Thanks. So to summarise, periodic code 3 for the lighting and then if they want the work doing test until continuity is gone. (Although I did try a couple of points just in case I hit lucky and none of them gave a reading. O boy!)

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Reaction score
On a recent EICR I had a ring circuit with no rn readings. It had 2 cables from attic going down the wall, but only 1 to be found in the socket. Traced in using r2 & rn connected method.
Ended up having to junction it and lose the socket as there was no neutral in the socket.
Possibly adjoining room had a socket and was strip connected together and single cable fed through the wall. It is now a bathroom and couldn't access the adjacent socket area.

2nd EICR had no R1/R2 reading in lighting circuit. Traced it to the 1st light on the circuit. An extended cable had a push fit junction box, but the CPC hadn't been pushed in !!

Oh the joys of testing 😉

Reply to no continuity on ring final neutrals in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net