Discuss No cpc, really. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

He noted a defect which was not existent. It was worthwhile redoing all the lighting points as some of the cpc connections were somewhat tenuous so apart from what I can't see it is sound enough. I would say again this was inexperience, they saw no cpc at the roses and thought no earth but I looped to the fixing screws which were clearly 2BA and not wood screws. Tap through the back of the roses indicated metal boxes.

Never been happy with the wording of those stickers.

I feel the stickers should note “ no earth continuity to MET” or “lighting not adequately earthed”

@wesrward10 you are correct that the wording on the sticker is wrong as it states “does not have provision for earthing“, when clearly there is a cpc. Also the wording of the report that state no earthing, agree not correct, but the spark has adequately warned that there shouldn’t be metal fittings in the circuit in question due to fittings having no connection to earth using the sticker.

I have to say I have done also done this on an EICR. I’d rather put a slightly wrongly worded sticker on the board than put no warning on the board, as long as it is adequately documented on the EICR.

Every jobs different though, isn't it. You can get to see lovely jobs done in the old stuff. Plenty problems occur when additions and alterations are made, especially involving the original CU's which are lacking in capacity, as well as standards. Old installations, invariably, have so few outlets.

Agree with you there; problem with most old domestic installations, is they have been hacked about by non competent persons over the years.

I’ve worked on a very few old domestic properties that haven’t been touched since they were installed. Didn’t give me nightmares adding to them. However, if I moved into such a property, I would have it rewired.

But that’s my opinion I suppose.

Last edited:

Reply to No cpc, really. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net